1500 Miles So Go Run

1498.2 (Read 431 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am the first person not already over the finish line, heh! I thought about going the extra 1.8 to get there, but I ran 10 miles just 3 days ago and I barely had it in me to do today's 8. All this snow is really wearing on me. Tomorrow I will definitely reach 1500.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Wimp. Big grin

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

I am the first person not already over the finish line, heh! I thought about going the extra 1.8 to get there, but I ran 10 miles just 3 days ago and I barely had it in me to do today's 8. All this snow is really wearing on me. Tomorrow I will definitely reach 1500.
          No HTFU points for you today. Still time for a short double for a 5k on the dreadmill.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No HTFU points for you today. Still time for a short double for a 5k on the dreadmill.
            Except that I don't have a dreadmill...'cause I'm not a pussy. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Blush Way to go Kirsten! A great achievement. So this year has seen your highest mileage, your first marathon and many other achievements too - well done. I can't help but think back a few years to when I first crept onto this site and received such enormous encouragement from you (I think you were on the C25K at the time - how things change!). This is really just a soppy post to say "thanks Kirsten" and to congratulate you on all that you have done. You make me smile, you make me run when I don't feel like it and I know I'm not the only one. Well done girl. Tom x

C-R

Heh heh Big grin BTW - well done on the 1500+ Zoom. You with me for 2000 in '09? Purdey you better not hope the Swamp discovers your softer side. That can only lead to disaster.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

1497.6 Keep it up or Im going to catch you. Tongue

Ryan

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh heh Big grin BTW - well done on the 1500+ Zoom. You with me for 2000 in '09? Purdey you better not hope the Swamp discovers your softer side. That can only lead to disaster.
                    Evil grin Yeah, thanks Tom! Big grin I'm not planning on 2k for '09...I think I'm going to split the difference and go for 1750 (following my current trend...last year I ran about 1325). Then maybe 2k for '10. I'm thinking about going Monkey in '10, too, so that would be appropriate. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Sounds like you'll have a nice snowy run to get you to 1500! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds like you'll have a nice snowy run to get you to 1500! Smile
                        Nice...snowy? Those things should not go together...at least not until AFTER the first day of Winter. Meh. Angry

~ Sarah Kay

Nice...snowy? Those things should not go together...at least not until AFTER the first day of Winter. Meh. Angry
                          True. Getting a head start on something like that isn't always a good thing. BUT...you'll conquer it all with ease!

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

But if you end up running way more miles because you have the treadmill (and are thus able to hop on for that spontaneous 8-miler at 10pm that you wouldn't normally be able to do), are you still a pussy? The electrician is installing a dedicated 20-amp circuit today for my treadmill. If this is the solution to the treadmill issues I've been having, there will come a great and fearful onslaught of mileage, and woe unto she who would dare to pussify those of us who unleash the Great Hammer of Thor without ever leaving the house. Yes Or something like that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

woe unto she who would dare to pussify those of us who unleash the Great Hammer of Thor without ever leaving the house. Yes Or something like that.
                              I have a cat named Thor. He does not run...and he's a pussy. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have a cat named Thor. He does not run...and he's a pussy. Big grin
                                Douche'

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.