1500 Miles So Go Run

February Goals (Read 40 times)

jeffdonahue

Still getting my knee back from injury

• 167 miles (so I dont lose any ground on the 2000 mile yearly goal this month)
    • At least 4 speed sessions by the end of the month in prep for a 10 mile race I have on 3/2
    • Complete the 100 pushup challenge
    • Complete 4 weeks of the 50 pullup challenge (would like to be able to do 15 consecutive)
    • Build up to holding a 5 minute plank
      • Get a solid four weeks in without illness, injury or snow.
      • Catch the bunny; only 1.5 miles behind today which is not bad as I missed a week (see #1).

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

- Do upper body and core at least 3 times a week for the month.  So far, I've never managed to keep it going.

- Finish up training for my 50K and then taper the last few weeks of Feb.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

npaden

I'll just go with a conservative 200 miles for February.  That would break my personal mileage record for a month that I just set this month.

Might go out on a limb and say I want to break the Fat Boy course record for our 2 mile running club race in Feburary, it's 14:31 and on a good day I think I could do it.  Just not sure I can do it without taking a break from my training plan and I don't plan on doing that.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

#artbydmcbride

Have a good marathon (=means a decent time without aggravating sciatic nerve more than it already is)

lose weight

have fun

up mileage

Runners run

flarunner

I'm going steal Ilene's except insert half marathon for the marathon.

Oh, and I love the new kitteh.

Larry T

Lean Running Machine

Only got one: 150 miles  (want to have a good base before I start to up my miles in March for the Memorial Day Marathon). It is a short month. Hopefully the weather will get better, at least it isn't below zero anymore so it will be a little easier. Boy am I going to love the spring.

"If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."

Alberto Salazar

February Goal:

Complete all 4 of my hill workouts this month (only actually did 2 of 5 in January).

February Stretch Goal:

Break 60:00 at the Jones 10 Miler on 2/24/13...but I'll hold off on making that a goal until after my 15k this weekend.

Linda

150 miles

Last month was great (180), but I had two weeks of for Christmas break.  I'm back to work, now.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Not sure what is happening but it looks like a 200 mile(ish) month with a 45 mile trail race at the end which I am running as a sweeper/safety marshal. Keep  running in Vibram Five Fingers on a weekly basis as part of my training regime.

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily

npaden

Hit my February goal of 200+ miles today during a 10.5 mile strength interval set.

That makes February my new PB for miles in a month.  Hopefully it will be as short lived as January's PB, because the plan calls for 250+ miles in March!

Looking at the pace bunny, I'm sure getting a good headstart on making 1,500 for the year with this marathon training cycle right here at the start of the year.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

jeffdonahue

Still getting my knee back from injury

• 167 miles (so I dont lose any ground on the 2000 mile yearly goal this month) - FAILED
                          • At least 4 speed sessions by the end of the month in prep for a 10 mile race I have on 3/2 - Got in 2 - FAILED
                          • Complete the 100 pushup challenge - tested last night - got 85 - Failed, but actually happy with that, still have one week left to go
                          • Complete 4 weeks of the 50 pullup challenge (would like to be able to do 15 consecutive) - DONE!!! I didnt get 15, but didnt actually get to the next test either, but I'm feeling stronger so I'm hopeful that next week when I test I'll get there.
                          • Build up to holding a 5 minute plank - Didnt even try, FAILED

Wow, I dont think I've ever done so badly on my monthly goals before.  It was a rough month with injuries and busy working late every night, but I am pretty disappointed in myself.  Here's hoping for a better March.

But on the up-side, my abodomen and knee are both feeling better.  My 10 mile race is this weekend but I dont expect I'll really be racing it, but I'll finish.  After that I have 8 weeks to train for a 5K at the end of April.

pcaharrier

My goal HM was in February and I had a great race, beyond my best-case scenario even.  Topped my previous best by almost 19 minutes!

npaden

Might go out on a limb and say I want to break the Fat Boy course record for our 2 mile running club race in Feburary, it's 14:31 and on a good day I think I could do it.  Just not sure I can do it without taking a break from my training plan and I don't plan on doing that.

Forgot this part of my goal.  I ended up running a 14:32 on the 2 mile race and missed the fat boy course record by one second.  Worst thing is that I know I left at least a couple seconds out there on the course somewhere.  Oh well, live and learn.

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Larry T

Lean Running Machine

Only got one: 150 miles  (want to have a good base before I start to up my miles in March for the Memorial Day Marathon). It is a short month. Hopefully the weather will get better, at least it isn't below zero anymore so it will be a little easier. Boy am I going to love the spring.

Well made 150 miles - 155 miles. Was a tough month because of the weather. Spring is coming some time though.  The northeast is rough.

"If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."

Alberto Salazar