1500 Miles So Go Run

Hey, Q... (Read 650 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

i'm in. 

I ran 20 today too...... my legs are hating me right now.

It's kinda whack...2 weeks ago I had an 18 miler that made me swear I must have wings on my ankles.  Today I plodded.  Granted, it was 10º warmer and sunny, but I didn't even feel like the same runner today.  But 20 today is easier than 20 was a year ago.  

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

.....  But 20 today is easier than 20 was a year ago.  

I have had that very problem, I was grumbling a few weeks ago about how crap I felt whilst on a run and then realised I was at the end of a 50+ week and was trail and hill running, so obviously I was feeling crap.

As I am tapering at the moment I went for a 15 mile road run and tried to compare how I felt last year doing the same run, I added 2 miles to the run yesterday and still beat last years time.

It is probably caused by your mileage build up as well.

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Princess Cancer Pants

It is probably caused by your mileage build up as well.

Yup.  I am running more miles and faster and more comfortably now than I was a year ago.  Well, in the last 2 weeks the faster isn't true, but I blame the cold I came down with and recovery from it.

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown