1500 Miles So Go Run

JULY GOALS!!! (Read 871 times)

#artbydmcbride

195 miles, I may take it easy in the heat this month and try to do well at the San Francisco half marathon at the end

Runners run

at the San Francisco half marathon at the end

Maybe we can try to meet up.  I'm not sure how possible that will be with the crowds and our schedules, but I would like to meet you.   After all these years of cracking up from your posts, I'd enjoy meeting the person behind the wit!   I'll be running the full with Heather J., Mishka, and my local running buddy, Ira.    We could try to meet at packet pick-up or something.   Smile

Michelle

#artbydmcbride

That would be awesome!   I would love to meet you too.    I will probably go to packet pickup on Saturday morning.  Smile

Runners run

That would be awesome!   I would love to meet you too.    I will probably go to packet pickup on Saturday morning.  Smile

Smile  I'm pretty sure that Saturday morning would work out perfectly.   When the race gets closer I should have a better idea of what my plans are.

Michelle

jeffdonahue

According to the training plan I put into RA, I should hit about 160 this month, but maybe I'll try to hit 175.  Just want to get back to enjoying my running more and try to run some trails.

And I want to get one swim workout in each week (though it looks like I'm missing this week already).

Goals.  Hmmm.  I'm not so good at them, and all of you still seem pretty good at setting and achieving. 

In July I'd like

1.  >175 miles

2.  To put in a couple of tempo sessions or some cruise intervals

That's about it.  No races planned, entered or in the pipeline, no goal goals.  Just running. 

And I definitely do not want to try and compete with all the runnerly ladies here (or the men for that matter), so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching you all race each other (in training logs or in "real" life).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

an amazing likeness

1. 190 miles

2. 4 days off

3. 1/2 Marathon PR

4. Stay ahead of Ileneforward in ytd  (huff, huff)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AXes

3. 1/2 Marathon PR

Which 1/2 are you running?  Between your mileage and the paces of your easy runs, I bet you'll have a good shot at it.  Good luck.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

#artbydmcbride

MilkTruck, to achieve a half marathon PR I think you should consider a loong taper.  Maybe 3 weeks of cut back in mileage. 

Runners run

an amazing likeness

Which 1/2 are you running?  Between your mileage and the paces of your easy runs, I bet you'll have a good shot at it.  Good luck.

The race is Old Port Half Marathon in Portland, ME later in July.  Weather is a worry, July heat could make a PR attempt a fools folly.  I know I should wait and give it a try in one of the fall races, but my last 1/2 was about 30 seconds or so slower than my lifetime PR, and I left a lot of time on the course since the goal that day was something else.  Since then, 'speed' has been a problem.

MilkTruck, to achieve a half marathon PR I think you should consider a loong taper.  Maybe 3 weeks of cut back in mileage. 

It's like the cold war, ILF, I can only do that if you follow suit.  (Seriously...I've never tapered for a 1/2 marathon, but might try for this one.)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

#artbydmcbride

detente?   :panic:

Runners run

AXes

It's like the cold war, ILF, I can only do that if you follow suit. 

I think you should both definitely taper together for a few weeks.  Adopt the old "less is more" philosophy. 

Sincerely,

The guy trying to catch you  Wink

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

I agree, I think the two of you need to taper for at least 3 weeks, say about 20 miles a week....just to stop me hearing you breathing down my neck!!!!!!!

Jerry
                            A runners blog-updated daily

jeffdonahue

According to the training plan I put into RA, I should hit about 160 this month, but maybe I'll try to hit 175.  Just want to get back to enjoying my running more and try to run some trails.

And I want to get one swim workout in each week (though it looks like I'm missing this week already).

Okay, at this point i'll be lucky to hit 150 this month.  Went away on vacation last week and just didnt get in the running that I was hoping to.

#artbydmcbride

no problem, just make this week a 40 mile week.......

Runners run