1500 Miles So Go Run

The Curse of the Wily Bunny! (Read 224 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kennyd and I both passed the bunny last week -- and now we are both sick. Coincidence...? Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I know how you feel!!! I just posted on the "Badger" user group complaining that the weather is killing me. I do my longest, long runs every other week and I've done the past two with the temps in the mid 30's with a 20 mph wind blowing in my face. The thing is I NEVER get sick and haven't even had a cold in years, but after each run I've been sick. The first time it was a sore throat, congestion - typical stuff and just when I was feeling better I ran again and feel like hell.
      Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
        Coincidence? I think not. It is just much easier than thinking I went to far, rested to little, drank a beer or two too many.......Etc. We went from 70 degrees yesterday, no exaggeration, to 35, snow, wind and rain today Angry I skipped my run and hit the elliptical for 50 min. Hopefully I can get at least an easy and a tempo run in before the race Sat. Get well Zoom, races on Sat
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How you feelin' today, Kenny? Things have settled into my chest, a bit, but after being awake a while I think I *might* be OK for an easy run. I'll see how I feel in a few hours. I'm a bit asthmatic, so chest colds + asthma are generally pretty non-conducive to running. I just gotta lose this damned rodent on my back! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know how you feel!!! I just posted on the "Badger" user group complaining that the weather is killing me. I do my longest, long runs every other week and I've done the past two with the temps in the mid 30's with a 20 mph wind blowing in my face. The thing is I NEVER get sick and haven't even had a cold in years, but after each run I've been sick. The first time it was a sore throat, congestion - typical stuff and just when I was feeling better I ran again and feel like hell.
            Dude...how ARE we gonna run Milwaukee if we get sick every time we ramp up our miles...sheesh! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I think I may need Trent to prescribe something for me because every time I run over 15 miles I get a cold. I’m a supplement maniac and I take lots of vitamin C, but its not helping anymore. I guess I’ll just carry a big box of Kleenex with me during the race. I haven't signed up for Milwaukee yet, but I'll probably do that before the end of April. After training for Green Bay in May, I'm pretty sure I do both - as long as I'm not too sick.
              Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
                Went for an easy 6 in the park after work today. Wind, snow flurries, and cold. On the up side, I feel quite a bit better. Yesterday, my lungs hurt like it was going to be a major setback. I think I'll be OK by Saturday. Get well Zoomy
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No sign of relief...I think I may actually be getting worse. I'm really annoyed that I didn't wait and just register on race day. My best friend (backroadrunner) is no going to be able to do it, so I'd be running alone, anyhow (not that that's a big deal, but it's one more negative). Right now I think this may end up my first DNS/DNF Sad I'd be a lot more upset if this were a big goal race for me. Right now I'm just annoyed that I wasted $20 and probably won't have an opportunity to set a new 10 mile PR for '08. Angry

~ Sarah Kay