1500 Miles So Go Run

Arne (Read 191 times)

Took a peek at your log, curious to see how you made out yesterday. Dude, sounds like you had it rough. Hope you're on the mend? I feel awful for you.

Go Pre!

Arne, I can just imagine. Hope you're feeling better. I am swimming in familiar waters. I have a cold just coming on and knee pain that are together making me reconsider running Columbus this weekend. Get well! We'll get 'em next time! D
        Hi Guys! I am sligthly better now. Had to stay home from work and I still refuse to move far away from a washroom. Yesterdays race started just fine. I was ahead of my plan and did the first half in 1:42 then some heartburn, then some cramps then some stops in portapotties. Took me forever to finish. But I wanted the damn medal! Came home and the bug is still stirring up my inside. So new plan!!! I will try to talk my wife into a romantic weekend in Niagara in 2 weeks. I just have to wrap up nicely that I will be out a bit Sunday morning. Only a plan at this point and I will keep you all posted. Daddyo! Check out the Niagara marathon, it gives your knee and viruses an extra week, and you still get to go to Bushland!
        Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>

Go Pre!

Hi Guys! I am sligthly better now. Had to stay home from work and I still refuse to move far away from a washroom. Yesterdays race started just fine. I was ahead of my plan and did the first half in 1:42 then some heartburn, then some cramps then some stops in portapotties. Took me forever to finish. But I wanted the damn medal! Came home and the bug is still stirring up my inside. So new plan!!! I will try to talk my wife into a romantic weekend in Niagara in 2 weeks. I just have to wrap up nicely that I will be out a bit Sunday morning. Only a plan at this point and I will keep you all posted. Daddyo! Check out the Niagara marathon, it gives your knee and viruses an extra week, and you still get to go to Bushland!
          I am thinking Niagra mate - will let you know after Wednesday's run Smile
            Yikes, Arne! Hope you are feeling better Smile
            2009: BQ?
              My gut is normal again and a pack of very overdue smoked turkey is out of the house. Luckily nobody else in the family touched it, I thought it was good though. Did in fact expire in the beginning of September. Daddyo and TAE! I will not give Niagara a try, it is just too close to be prepared enough. But there is a NEW marathon in Hamilton the week after. I might give that one a try. It goes on a brand new parkway so it should be nice and smooth, but it has a nasty hill towards the end 100 meters+. Will keep you posted. How are you guys making out??? http://www.hamiltonmarathon.ca/ ArneParne
              Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>
                Ready to go. Time to HTFU! Columbus on Sun (10/21). 26.2 or bust.

Go Pre!

Arrived in Columbus a c ouple hours ago - safe and sound...knee is 'hinting' - but I'll make it Wink Good choice on Hamilton, I was thinking about mentioning that. My wife may run the half so we may see ou after all! Good luck!