1500 Miles So Go Run

May Goals .... Let's Get This Party Started! (Read 676 times)

Alright, my knee is better.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Pittsburgh Marathon in mid-May

200 miles

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

On 28/29 May I will be running from Birmingham to London, England along the Grand Union Canal, a total distance of 145 miles and have to complete in in 45 hours non-stop...that is my main goal. I have entered a marathon as a "training run" 2 weeks before but it will be at a very much reduced pace without any race speed in it so

1. Complete the Grand Union Canal Race 145 miles within 45 hours
      2. Be a mule and pacer at my local marathon to allow by friend to beat her 4:30 PB

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

jeffdonahue

200 miles (though this has been my goal for months and I havent hit it, but I'm gonna try again)

Some good speedwork as I try to shoot for sub-19 5K in June

Do core work 3x a week

MTA:  Surprisingly (at least to myself) i am still on track to meet my mileage goal this month.  I have done NO corework, but the speedwork has been pretty good as well.  Maybe I'll do some ab-work at lunch today after my 1 mile run.

xhristopher

Since I failed to get 200 in April I'll try to get it in May again.

Find some random races and run them, or as Nobby would say "crap shooting."

150 miles on the bike just so I have another goal to miss.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

We'll shoot for 160 miles this month.  Hopefully I will view this as soft by the end of the month.

1.  I'm going to say 190 again...and we'll see what happens

2.  Half Marathon PR

AXes

Have been so focused on the race this past Sunday, haven't given any thought to May.  Thanks for the kick-start.

1) 140

2) Choose fall 2011 goal race. (Thinking Akron, Columbus, or maybe a trail 50K)

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

L2Run

RoadRunner

My May goals (order counts):

1. Break 1:27:00 in the half
                  2. Drink some beer
                  3. Eat more junk food
                  4. Incorporate more strength training in my workouts
                  5. Run more easy miles (been religiously training for 6 months and my mind needs a rest)

Off to a stupid start.  I couldn't leave my race blood blisters alone, and managed to get an infection in my foot, on antibiotic and dealing with a forced rest of a few days.  AFTER that is cleared up......

200 miles for the month (it's a reach, but I'm going to try!)

Race at least two 5k's to test my fitness

Smile

MTA:  I am failing miserably with my monthly goals.

Sooo, I'll modify a bit.  Monthly total:  160

No 5k's  - will have to save those for June.

Michelle

Find some random races and run them, or as Nobby would say "crap shooting."

Funny!  I like that! 

Michelle

2.  Half Marathon PR

Smile   You got this!   Big grin

Michelle

Smile   You got this!   Big grin

Thanks!  I originally put a question mark after the goal...then decided to remove it.  I have to stop doubting myself.

Thanks!  I originally put a question mark after the goal...then decided to remove it.  I have to stop doubting myself.

Doubt has been such a common topic lately.  I was talking to other runners about that.  It's funny how so many of us aren't as confident as we should be. 

You just easily finished back to back half marathons and your mileage is right on target with what you planned (right?)!  There is no doubt that you are ready to get your PR.   Smile

Michelle

Doubt has been such a common topic lately.  I was talking to other runners about that.  It's funny how so many of us aren't as confident as we should be. 

You just easily finished back to back half marathons and your mileage is right on target with what you planned (right?)!  There is no doubt that you are ready to get your PR.   Smile

When I look at my log - I'm confident.  I did the work.  I put in the miles, and the workouts this time...hills, intervals, tempo, fast finish, long runs, etc...I've done the work (I've never done workouts...just loads of easy miles...I still did loads of easy miles, but I did 2-3 workouts a week as well).

But when I look at the pace I need to run for a PR...I fall apart mentally.

I'm glad you have no doubt - I hope that rubs off on me!   Smile

2) Choose fall 2011 goal race. (Thinking Akron, Columbus, or maybe a trail 50K)

Run Woodstock --- Pinckney, Michigan. http://www.runwoodstock.com/

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!