1500 Miles So Go Run

Kind of Sad... (Read 605 times)

jeffdonahue

that the last REAL post (not including a small discussion above about whether the spreadsheet is still there) was over three weeks ago.

So here's a topic - How are you doing in your own personal showdown against the bunny?  If you're ahead, what has helped you stay ahead this year?  If you're behind, what's the problem?

Right now I am way ahead of the 1500 mile bunny and just passed the 2000 mile bunny.  I was struggling for a while but Ennay was nice enough to throw down the gauntlet and challenge me in a race to 2,000 miles this year.  Since then I have kicked myself back into gear and the last two weeks were my highest two weeks ever (65.2 and 60.3 miles).  She doesnt let me back down because the moment I do, she is going to catch me (she's worse than the bunny).

wanderingoutlaw

I'm way, way behind the bunny this year.  Lack of motivation during the early part of the year put me behind, and not having as much time to run this year has helped keep me back.

Not having a marathon to train for has probably kept the motivation down some, too.  My only goal race is a half-marathon in early November, but I can't get myself too psyched about training for it, yet.

Wish I had more miles this year, but I can't really complain.

John

I slipped behind when I had the flu but have since built up a 40+ mile cushion. 

I have a number of things reminding me to stay commited to the constant grind that running requires.  The 1,500 mile goal is one of them.  So far it looks good.  I don't ever run more than about 40 miles a week so I won't be able to overcome a long setback. 

I am up there at postion 22 having moved up from the second page, reason I am back from injury at  the moment after a suspected broken metatarsal at the beginning of the year and also a badly stubbed toe a few weeks ago, both needing crutches.

Motivation, well that is because I am training up for a series of ultramarathons in July (6 hours), a 56 mile trail run in September and a 50 mile cross-country ultra in October. I have a great running partner and we are always out at 7.00am on a Sunday doing long runs depending on races and family commitments.

Injuries permitting I will be doing 50 -60 mile weeks soon and feeling great, variation and goals are my motivation.

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

C-R

I plan on cooking the bunny for a celebration meal in about two months. Trying to BQ this year has me motivated to hit the road and I've trained smart so far to avoid injuries.

Mmmmmmm....rabbit stew.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I was well ahead until warmer weather hit...I hate summer.  I only run in the summer because I have to to enjoy running the rest of the year.  Last year I only ran 60 miles in June!  I plan 120 in June this year, but I am not happy about it!!!

I will catch up/pass bunny one Sept hits.

AnneCA

Hey, a thread! 

1500 was my stretch goal at the beginning of the year, but I'm well ahead of the bunny ever since I decided to run my first marathon.  I'm not sure what will happen after that's over.  I'm looking forward to adding in some speedwork and hill work (decided to focus my effort on this first marathon training cycle into the mileage ramp-up), and will probably drop down my weekly mileage some as I test out what happens with those added in. 

A Saucy Wench

My mistake was giving Jeff that much heads up....if I had kept my mouth shut I coulda sneaked within 20 miles of him before he noticed....

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Thanks for getting a thread going! I was pushing way ahead of the bunny while training for a 50 miler last month. I reduced mileage for recovery purposes initially. Now I am focusing on a slow build of swimming and running toward a 3 mile open water race and a 50K trail race two weeks apart in September.

The more frustrating thing is my modem went down and it's been two weeks getting AT&T to work out the details. dw managed to jump on a neighbor's wireless signal. It was too much for me to go through so I'm going to ad my missing workouts tonight if I have time.

Find the fun.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The move frustrating thing is my modem went down and it's been two weeks getting AT&T to work out the details. dw managed to jump on a neighbor's wireless signal. It was too much for me to go through so I'm going to ad my missing workouts tonight if I have time.

Dammit...so I'm not REALLY ahead of you, then...? Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Dammit...so I'm not REALLY ahead of you, then...? Tongue

I guess not, but now's the time to catch me. You can do it.

Find the fun.
                        Kimmie

I'm behind... the problem is:  1. I tend to do something stupid like running hard too many days in one week and then I need to take some days off.   2. I keep thinking that once my marathon training starts ramping up, I will catch up... not sure if that's going to happen though.  and 3. life keeps getting in the way of putting more mileage in.   I have two young kids and DH used to go into work at a normal hour.  Now, he leaves super early, which means that if I want to run in the morning before I have to work, then I need to get up at 4:30 and I just can't do it.... no way I can get enough sleep to get that in.  I know that so many of you here run at that time every day.  I am  so impressed with you... I have been running in between work and getting the kids off the bus... which has been really hot lately.  But, soon school will be out, so it's time to get motivated to get up early, I guess.

Thanks for asking the question, Jeff.  Having a group like this helps me so much.

A Saucy Wench

Kimmie - there are 2-3 days a week that dh goes in super early lately and I have been having (some) luck with getting up supah dupah early to run, being home and actually going back to bed.  Especially now that school is out.  In the evening running wakes me up, but apparently at 4:30...not so much! 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

My mistake was giving Jeff that much heads up....if I had kept my mouth shut I coulda sneaked within 20 miles of him before he noticed....

Yeah, but I get scared on days like yesterday where you dont log your workouts until late.  In my mind I envision you just out there running for hours on end and catching me in one day (though you'd have to have a Trentish or Dopple Bock-esque type day to do that).

A Saucy Wench

I didnt log my workout late, I just didnt run until late - skipped my morning run and only did my tuesday night team run.  No mind games...at least not this week.  I decided to kind of taper for this half on Saturday and see if I can feel less pathetic than my other races have been.