1500 Miles So Go Run

2007 is Over. What did you learn or accomplish this year. (Read 177 times)

It has been great spending the year with all of you. Big grin I'm so glad I found this web site and I truely want to thank Eric for all the hard work. As I look back on the year I have learned a few things: -I'm not as young as I used to be and I don't heal as quick. -26.2 miles seems to get longer every year. -I'm pretty sure my best PR's are behind me but thats ok... -Once your reach one goal, you must make another or your life gets boring... -I sometimes hate to have to make time to run, however, I really really hate not being able to run when I want to due to injury or other priorities. -You really need to watch out there when your running. 2 near misses with cars, 1 almost fight due to a bunch of dumb teenagers and my big mouth. -It's still amazing to answer questions like, "is the Marine Corp Marathon longer than the Shamrock Marathon????" Accomplishments: -Marine Corp Marathon -National 1/2 Marathon -Cherry Blossom 10 Miler -Army 10 Miler Oh yea, 1601 Miles........ And the one thing I know I have learned is that I really really love runniing and how it makes me feel. Everyone have a great New Year and I'll see you next year........Good Luck in reaching your goals. Big grin Big grin Big grin

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, it looks like I will be cutting back for awhile at least, until I can get some treatment for my foot. I'll probably just be doing "maintenance" runs of 10k, 3x per week or so for a few weeks. That will put me pretty far behind the pace rodent, it doesn't look like 1500 is going to happen this year Undecided I may not even make 2000 km. Buh!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Well, it looks like I will be cutting back for awhile at least, until I can get some treatment for my foot. I'll probably just be doing "maintenance" runs of 10k, 3x per week or so for a few weeks. That will put me pretty far behind the pace rodent, it doesn't look like 1500 is going to happen this year Undecided I may not even make 2000 km. Buh!
        That stinks, Perfesser. Sorry to hear about your foot. Rest it well and here's to a speedy recovery (toasts coffee cup towards Georgia).

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?