1500 Miles So Go Run

Hi! I think I might be eating some bunny dust here... (Read 542 times)

I'm on the right

Hi everyone!  This is my super-ambitious goal for the year....hopefully the bunny will drag me along.  Good luck, and I hope lots of people get to eat bunny stew by the end of the year! 

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...I'm starting out behind the bunny, but it kind of beats getting a head start and THEN getting sick a few weeks in.  Hopefully I can stay healthy this Winter and laugh at the Bunny in a few weeks as I pass.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Pace Bunny can enjoy her early start but I have just finished my training plan up to April and if all goes well I will be halfway home by then

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

I know what is coming in April Jerry  but how do you plan to get there?

Any clues on weekly mileage and what it will be made up of?

I'm on the right

Wow....this particular bunny is fast.  I've been running a lot (for me) since Jan 1 and I'm a whole 7 miles ahead of the bunny.  He's going to be tough to keep up with.

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

I know what is coming in April Jerry  but how do you plan to get there?

Any clues on weekly mileage and what it will be made up of?

Well April is an interesting little number with my numbers (in miles) below:

Week Date Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Totals
              1 04/01/2010 10 12 0 10 0 16 0 48
              2 11/01/2010 0 10 0 0 0 45 0 55
              3 18/01/2010 0 0 0 6 0 20 15 41
              4 25/01/2010 0 6 12 6 0 20 15 59
              5 01/02/2010 0 6 12 6 0 20 15 59
              6 08/02/2010 0 6 15 6 0 21 15 63
              7 15/02/2010 0 6 15 6 0 21 15 63
              8 22/02/2010 0 6 15 6 0 21 20 68
              9 01/03/2010 0 6 8 6 0 7 8 35
              10 08/03/2010 0 6 15 6 0 21 20 68
              11 15/03/2010 0 6 15 6 0 21 20 68
              12 22/03/2010 0 6 10 6 0 7 10 39
              13 29/03/2010 0 6 0 6 0 7 0 19.0
              14 05/04/2010 0 0 0 0 0 70 0 70
                              Total 755

Jerry

Jerry, those dates (format) confused me until I realized you live across the pond, and I'm from India and I should know better. 

I plan on doing 750-800 miles by April end as well, in a slightly different way, with a longest run of 15 miles.

Jerry, those dates (format) confused me until I realized you live across the pond, and I'm from India and I should know better. 

I plan on doing 750-800 miles by April end as well, in a slightly different way, with a longest run of 15 miles.

Cool, we either have a RA 1500 mile race or a RA 1500 mile buddy run until April.

I love my 20 mile weekend runs, especially around where I live in the Garden of England .....careful I may go wax lyrical! but it just pushes you past that 16-18 mile mark where all things metabolic start happening. It would be good to see your workout just to get some ideas how other people do it + I better get a Swamp vest before too long

Jerry

KvnJns

The US Military uses that same format for dates. 

Jerry, best of luck to you in April.  Would that be a 24hr race?

Kevin

Purdey

Self anointed title

Would that be a 24hr race?

The Crawley AIM 12hr track ultra.

I ran it last April and Jerry very kindly came along to support me, and helped me around the final few laps.

Jezzah's goal is to crack 100km in 12hrs.  Not as easy as it sounds..... actually it doesn't even sound easy.

Yep, Purdey is correct....I aim to get 100km + although I have put the bar up to 70 miles on the plan as I like to "punch through my target" or at least try too.

I never thought I would be seen to do this but I am now running with a heart rate montor on my easy runs to make sure  keep in the zone to get benefit from my long training runs.

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

I never thought I would be seen to do this but I am now running with a heart rate montor on my easy runs to make sure  keep in the zone to get benefit from my long training runs.

(This will be shared with RA UKers)

OMG I will never here the end of it

Base rate this and Maxed out that, Zonal aerobic optimum utilisation mumbo jumbo

Jerry

KvnJns

OMG I will never here the end of it

Base rate this and Maxed out that, Zonal aerobic optimum utilisation mumbo jumbo

I get the feeling that that would be like sharing something like that to the "Swamp".  Good luck with the UKer's, lol.

Kevin