1500 Miles So Go Run

JULY GOALS!!! (Read 871 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I hope that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by starting this thread, but bring on JULY!

My goals...

• minimum mileage 235 (really hoping for 250, but I'll be in California for a wedding that I'm the MOH so who knows... although the bride is running St. George with me so she really should understand my need for speed... but I digress...) 
    • 2 hill workouts (minimum)
    • 2 speed workouts
    • maintain higher mileage than Mississippi (boo, yah, I went there...)

Wink

Bring it on.

• 202 (Where is C-R?  In his absence, I will say, at least 1 more mile than last month!)
      • 5k PR (I think I just threw up a little)
      • 6 mile PR
      • keep on the hills

Get back into the Top 5 of the 1500 YTD again Evil

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

200 miles or more.

Another 50K.

Annual red sock birthday run.

Train for a 50 mile in September.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Marylander

Goals:

Pass the pace bunny and get more miles in July than I got in June.

Carl A

200 miles.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I'll bet you say that to all the months.  Big grin

200 miles.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

• Weight from 155 to 145-150
                  • Sub 20 5K
                  • 270+ Miles
                  • Extend Streak to 100+ days (AKA NO INJURIES)

Nothing too crazy for July. Mileage will be a matter of sustaining what I have been reaching at the end of June, weight just comes down to continuing to control my eating well, and I think with the combination of another month of good consistent running + weight loss I should be able to drop 30-45 seconda from my 5K, especially since I have never run one particularly well.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Carl A

I'll bet you say that to all the months.  Big grin

Smile

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

AXes

Just added up the miles in my plan this month. Yikes. Surprised

1) Move training plan from Google calendar to new RA feature

2) 256 miles

3) Work on form problems.  Apparently I'll have lots of opportunity to do this!

4) Improve nutrition.  June saw a return to my junk-food tendencies.

Secret goal - sneak into the top 12 for the 1500 YTD distance.  But shhhh...  Don't tell anyone.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

Okay, Miss Jill_B., Mishka would like a word with you, he mumbled something about how you're feeding my competitive beast a little too much and I'm not following his training plan because of it!! 

Big grin

ANYHOW, my July goals are:

250 miles  (this one will require serious discipline)

Adjusted goal:  200 miles.  Rolled my ankle during my last long run - not feeling very capable anymore Sad

5k PR (super nervous about this one!) - This might be out too since my ankle is still hurting.

To have an awesome time in San Fran, laughing & smiling my way through the marathon - earning me state number 11. 

Michelle

4) Improve nutrition.  June saw a return to my junk-food tendencies. 

I need help with this!  I can't resist junk food.

Michelle

Jill_B

I fly.

Okay, Miss Jill_B., Mishka would like a word with you, he mumbled something about how you're feeding my competitive beast a little too much and I'm not following his training plan because of it!! 

Big grin

ANYHOW, my July goals are:

250 miles  (this one will require serious discipline)

5k PR (super nervous about this one!)

To have an awesome time in San Fran, laughing & smiling my way through the marathon - earning me state number 11. 

You could ignore me... Joking

Bring it on.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

240 miles

I am finally able to build up after over 15 months of injury. My goal is to chip away at Bunny's lead with weeks in the 35-40 range. I need to keep doing my PT exercises. Want to try to get a little more speed going, but it's pretty hot here. Also want to try to keep my streak going, but I'm not going to be stupid about it like I was in 2009.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth