1500 Miles So Go Run

Hey Miss Issippi (Read 685 times)

Prophet!

Nice and steady mileage there. Got a target race ?
      Nice and steady mileage there. Got a target race ?
      http://www.njmarathon.org/ I have two coming up actually. A half marathon on the 9th of March and then a marathon on May 4th. Big grin I guess I was just kidding last year when I said I was never going to do another marathon. Roll eyes MTA: And, as always - my 5k goal of under 21 minutes. I missed it last year so it's back on top of my to do list. I haven't signed up for any 5k races yet. How about you? What's your next race?

Michelle

Prophet!

nice...what's your time goals for these races ? My plan is to go do a bunch of 5 - 10Ks, work on getting faster on those distances by the start of summer, back to base-building in the summer and then train for sub 4 hr Honolulu M in the fall.

Forever Learning

Agreed that Ms. MS has been doing great since injury last Fall. Keep it up!!!

http://www.njmarathon.org/ I have two coming up actually. A half marathon on the 9th of March and then a marathon on May 4th. Big grin I guess I was just kidding last year when I said I was never going to do another marathon. Roll eyes MTA: And, as always - my 5k goal of under 21 minutes. I missed it last year so it's back on top of my to do list. I haven't signed up for any 5k races yet.
            Sounds kinda like what my racing season is going to look like! A friend was trying to talk me into running New Jersey, but instead I'm doing the Cox RI Marathon on May 4. I'm also running the ING Georgia marathon on March 30, and will be probably racing in the new bedford half mary in mid-march if my team can put enough guys together. Once those are out of the way, I'm concentrating on a few quality 5k and 10k races to get some PRs under my belt. Good luck in Jersey!

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Prophet!

Sounds kinda like what my racing season is going to look like! A friend was trying to talk me into running New Jersey, but instead I'm doing the Cox RI Marathon on May 4. I'm also running the ING Georgia marathon on March 30, and will be probably racing in the new bedford half mary in mid-march if my team can put enough guys together. Once those are out of the way, I'm concentrating on a few quality 5k and 10k races to get some PRs under my belt. Good luck in Jersey!
              RTW - any recommendations for a solid 10K training plans ?

jfa

http://www.njmarathon.org/ If my training continues to go well, I'll be there too Smile

RTW - any recommendations for a solid 10K training plans ?
                  I'll be honest - other than when I've been coached (which involved quite a bit of personalisation) I've always trained myself and never actually followed a plan from a book. I've read them all (well, I've read a lot of them) but I basically just plan out where I want to be in a few months, figure out what I need to do to get there, and then plan specific works a week or two in advance as I go along. So I can't point to any one program, although if you are ever up here in Maine you're welcome to wade through my 8 or 10 years of paper training logs which will have some quality 8k and 10k training in them. I'll warn you though, when I was training specifically for the 10k, I was running 85 to 105 miles per week. Now that I'm running marathons, I train 40 to 50 miles per week (although this season I'll be training 60-80 miles I think)

Run to Win

Forgot to add: I'll be getting my RRCA coaching certification in March, and will be offering coaching this summer though, if you are interested. Wink

Run to Win

Prophet!

I'll warn you though, when I was training specifically for the 10k, I was running 85 to 105 miles per week. Now that I'm running marathons, I train 40 to 50 miles per week (although this season I'll be training 60-80 miles I think)
                      any reason for the drop in mileage, other than life ?
                        nice...what's your time goals for these races ? My plan is to go do a bunch of 5 - 10Ks, work on getting faster on those distances by the start of summer, back to base-building in the summer and then train for sub 4 hr Honolulu M in the fall.
                        I really want to work on my 5k the most. I need to stop signing up for these longer races!!! BUT...I should track down some local 10ks and do them. I ran my first one in December I really liked it, I didn't like the temps or the freezing rain during the race but it was still fun. I want to do a sub 4:00 marathon. I feel cheated from the marathon I did in the fall (my first and only one so far). With it being my first time running that far ever in my life, I found out how difficult it was after mile 20. I also had some issues (TMI - girl stuff) that hopefully I won't have to deal with in May. Pam and I are running the May marathon together and my goal is to do my best to keep up with her. She's looking to BQ. So, if I can keep up with her maybe I'll have a shot of that too. MAYBE. As for the HM, I would like to do 1:45. I ran my first and only (besides the trail HM I ran with Pam) last March, I ran 1:58 something. I was in SOOOOOO much pain as soon as I crossed that finish line (that was my first time running more than 9 miles). Since that day I've come a long way with running distances so I really hoping to smash 1:58. I get nervous at races and will probably do something silly like go out too fast and then burn out and finish in a crawl. That won't help me reach 1:45 at all. Roll eyes

Michelle

Agreed that Ms. MS has been doing great since injury last Fall. Keep it up!!!
                          Funny you should mention that....During my soccer game on Monday night I did something to my right foot/ankle. So far it's not getting better. I don't think I'll ever learn that I'm getting too old for some things (like soccer). My hamstring issues are still there but it comes about less and less which is a great indication that I may be getting beyond it.

Michelle

It would have been nice to meet you if you ran the NJ one!! After having run a HM, and Broad Street (10 miler), and then the marathon, my appreciation of the shorter races is bigger than ever!

Michelle

http://www.njmarathon.org/ If my training continues to go well, I'll be there too Smile
                              It looks like you're on track with your mileage! Have you signed up yet?

Michelle

jfa

It looks like you're on track with your mileage! Have you signed up yet?
                                No,but soon.In three weeks I'll do my first of the four 20 milers in my plan.I figure if that doesn't kill me,I'll go ahead and sign up. Roll eyes