1500 Miles So Go Run

Tapering and GOING CRAZY (Read 218 times)

Well, I know its a good taper when I'm feeling lazy and fat. I'm only running 3 days this week because I have a 1/2 Marathon this weekend and want a good time but it's going to be a looong week. Tongue Hopefully a good finish, maybe a PR, will make up for the early in the week frustration. Now if I can only stop eating..... Confused Well its Wednesday and I managed to BLOW my taper. I just couldn't slack off. I guess you can call it an obsession. I couldn't cut back my mileage. I guess in my mind it was run or eat and I picked running. I'm going to try to take Thursday and Friday off before the Saturday National 1/2 Marathon. Can anyone say 2 day taper??? Tongue

Princess Cancer Pants

*gives Clay a hug* *takes away Clay's junk-food* Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Good luck with your race!! Hope everything goes well and you walk away smiling.
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
          Good luck with your race. I´m also running an half marathon this weekend, tapering also driving me crazy Confused. The temptation Evil grin was too much this morning.
            Ohhh I hate that tapering feeling ... climbing the walls and feeling fat and lazy simultaneously. Good luck!! (I gained a good six pounds the week I was tapering ... lots and lots and lots of bread Blush )
            2009: BQ?