1500 Miles So Go Run

I haven't looked...I can't! (Read 220 times)

I haven't looked at the YTD standings in over 2 weeks! I had to take 2 weeks off for an injury and now I'm slowly starting back. I'm scared to see how far behind I am and I know I might do something seriously stupid like, run too much distance too soon to catch up and just end up hurting myself again. Tongue Anyone else ever take the ignorance is bliss route? Clowning around

Jennifer mm#1231

Think Whirled Peas

Anyone else ever take the ignorance is bliss route? Clowning around
      Every damn day, sista! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Every damn day, sista! Smile
        That's the route I'm taking right now too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

well I was, but since you brought it up I decided to look- and I shouldn't have Tongue currently 120 miles behind that fluffy tail and no real hope of even maintaining that distance for awhile still. Jennifer, what was your injury? Are you still planning on Boston?
            I haven't looked at the YTD standings in over 2 weeks! I had to take 2 weeks off for an injury and now I'm slowly starting back. I'm scared to see how far behind I am and I know I might do something seriously stupid like, run too much distance too soon to catch up and just end up hurting myself again. Tongue Anyone else ever take the ignorance is bliss route? Clowning around
            how far behind who???!!
              I'm glad I'm not the only one...at least it's only March, we still have time. Yes Shaunna, I've got several issues...the one that sidelined me was calf sprain/strain. I did it at a hm in Jan and ran SC marathon 2 weeks later and made it worse. Tried to keep going but it got to where I couldn't land my foot without extreme pain. Been seeing a chiro who specializes in sports injuries...he's a marathoner/ultramarathoner himself. I also have piriformis issues and some kind of thing going on with my knee...not sure if it's a baker's cyst or a hamstring insertion problem. Eitherwhichway, I sound like I'm a wreck, eh? Hell yeah I'm doing Boston! LOL. I will probably be very embarrassed at how bad I do but it's my first Boston and I'm doing it come hell or high water. My one consolation is that I BQ'd at SC so I will be able to go again next year. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Burninated Peasant

I'm there. I'm going to refuse to look at the standings until July, since I had to take most of a month and a half off.
                  I've added a fourth day of running, I've upped my mileage and I'm still just a hair ahead of that damned hare. It's true that the furball never sleeps, and she is out there right now, taunting me.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Prophet!

ditto on not looking...i can't seem to kick this mutating cold.. 6 total miles in the past 2 1/2 weeks, pretty lame.
                      ok, I finally looked. It's bad but not as dire as I thought. Surprised But I'm 30 miles behind the 2000 mile pace bunny. Dead

Jennifer mm#1231