1500 Miles So Go Run

Hey Muse (Read 321 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

COFFEEEE I luv it! I drink a boatload of espresso daily. I have a stovetop one so literally it is like my morning crack on the stove. heh
    We have one of those, too. Best thing is half expresso and half hot whole milk in a big mug with a little flavored syrup. Gets me jittery for hours! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DAMN no wonder you drink so much coffee. I'm JUST getting up (not running for at least a couple hours) and you've allready ran 7.4 miles. Sad thing is I'm only up cause I'm so psyched about going to Niagra Falls today. I don't normally get up until 7:30-8 eastern time. Anyhoo's I'm a coffee drinker as well, though DH is the espresso drinker Smile As for my goal for the HM. I want to at least beat 1:50:51 (pb). I signed dh and I up for the 1:45 pace team. Would be nice to hit 1:45 but not sure if I can. If dh had actually really trained for this and not slacked off I'd be more confidant in hitting that goal. I run alot faster with him, but if he can't hold an 8:01 pace for 13.1 miles not sure I'll be to get my legs moving that fast ( I tend to hold back).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

muse_runner

keep running.

Good mornin! Smile Well I get up anywhere from 4:45am to 5:30am. It depends though. During some weeks where it is difficult to be a woman I sleep in until 6:30am. But I don't require much sleep either. I don't fall asleep well a lot of nights and I don't stay asleep easily. But when my body asks me to sleep a lot (like a few weeks ago when I hit a running draught) I just sleep and sleep. Smile I was going to tell you that I see 1:45 for you. Based on how long you've been running, how fast your normal runs are, etc. I can't see why you wouldn't do 1:45 or better. Smile Can you courteously ditch DH if you wanted to? I would! You'll see him at the finish line, it's not like he won't be there! Kristen, I mix my stove top espresso with the Coffee Bean's Vanilla sugar free fat free mix. Then I add splenda and a dash of cream. Does that sound good enough? I think I am part barista part human. haha!
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kristen, I mix my stove top espresso with the Coffee Bean's Vanilla sugar free fat free mix. Then I add splenda and a dash of cream. Does that sound good enough? I think I am part barista part human. haha!
          YUM! Do they have a hazelnut flavor? Where might I find this mix? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Well anyone who's running at 3 am has GOT to love running! Me I need my sleep. I don't do well with under 8 hours sleep each night. As for ditching dh, I may have too. Only problem is with longer runs I have a tendancy to find a nice pace and stick with it. Something about just enjoying the run and not worrying about time. Running with dh keeps me on task. Of course I've never ran with a pace team so that maybe just what I need. Oh and I NEVER run without having my first cup of coffee Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

muse_runner

keep running.

To be honest and fair, I think whatever settings Eric has on, have my run logged in as completed before I get up. I think it's cause my runs are on Eastern time. I havent' gone yet but I have 7 miles + 600 meters in strides scheduled. I think you'll leap frog me big time today/this week. If not this week then totally next week 'cause I am considering a nice taper of some mileage + heavy speed before the 5k. Smile It's a teenie race so it's in my benefit to give myself the ego boost and run it hard. I am determined NOT to be beat at the finish line by a teenage boy. Happens to me at so many races. What's up with that? Even at half-marathons I have photos of teenage boys running just ahead of me! I've been cut off in the shoot by a teenage boy twice at non-chip timed races... yup can't leave home withtout the coffee, oats, and eggs. Smile
              running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
              muse_runner

keep running.

stick with the pace team for sure mama, you'll do awesome. believe in yourself and hang in there.
                  OIC. Since I saw there was a time I just figured you had ran it already Tongue OMG I totally hear you about those teenage boys beating ya! At South Mountain (only 10 mile race I've done) I ended up passing a boy that was probably 14 or so at the end. I was really pushing it at the time, but more to pass Bart Yasso's wife who happened to finish right before me. I hear you about tapering. I'll be TRYING to taper really hard next week for my HM. I've gotta take at least 2 days off!

muse_runner

keep running.

If it were me, I'd ditch the progression run for sure, like 100% ditch that. Run easy that day, take a day off before OR two days before the race. You'll do fantastic! Smile
                      Definetly ditching progression runs next week. I will be running a VERY short and EASY run on Saturday. Looks like Thursday and Friday maybe my days off. Today I ran with dh. Had planned on running easy. Well it was too hard for an easy run and too easy to be a hard run this is the data (though motionbased said we did 6.36 miles ) from the splits from Garmin. Lap (#) Time (m:s) Distance (mi ) M Spd (mph) Energy (Cal) 1 8:38 1.00 11.9 143 2 8:41 1.00 10.7 136 3 8:23 1.00 14.5 147 4 7:54 1.00 16.1 163 5 8:13 1.00 21.0 168 6 7:53 1.00 14.8 169 7 0:19 0.05 11.6 7 Definetly had lots of gas left over, so I'm really feeling pretty good about the way I've trained for this HM Smile P.S couldn't find a place to put laps in so I just used the interval option.

muse_runner

keep running.

That's a nice run! If that feels easy then I am quite sure you'll PR just fine on your half-marathon with the goal you've intended. You may even see something like 1:44 or something. The sky is the limit, don't hold back... well that's your call Smile yup, ditch the loooooooong run. Good thinking. Shorter for sure. Smile