1500 Miles So Go Run

September Goals - Whatta ya got? (Read 866 times)

jeffdonahue

225 miles

At least one speedwork/tempo session per week

At least two 13+ milers per week

Eat better (even though I've failed this one every month this year)

Have fun!!! (Thanks Ilene, how did I forget that one).Big grin

Ooohh err no real goals apart from two events I am doing

1) Get a PB at Kent Coastal Marathon 4th September

2) Surrey Tops 50 mile (self-navigating day/night run)

3) Keep training levels to ~50 miles a week on average

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Hmmmm.  Tricky because August was crappy and September was always meant to be a cutback month.  I'm off to California on the 13th and not back in the UK until the 1st October.  I've got a conference the first week that will be intense timewise, and then two weeks of holiday where the focus is meant to be hiking, rock climbing and exploring, not necessarily running.   So...

1.  >120 miles (this could actually be tricky as I really don't know how much running opportunity or time I will have).

2.  Don't get more injured and use the potential time off from running to heal.

3.  Keep enjoying running and use it as a way to explore new places when away.  (This excludes when on overnight wild camps in the mountains as the aim there is to travel light and maximize climbing, and it will end in divorce if I take my running stuff and use the "alpine starts" for getting miles in rather than routes).

4.  Just run.  And not worry about mileage.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Just a dude.

Well, I'll throw myself in here... I've been gone for a long time, but I think I'm finally back to a place where my goals will line up with a 1500 mile group, even tho 1500 for the year is not realistic for me.

Run 175 miles...

Get down to 210 pounds...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Marylander

I'm on a training plan (master run coach) now so my goal is just to stay reasonably on plan (there's some flexibility and range for each workout so this shouldn't be too hard barring some extreme event). I should be over 200 miles for the first time ever (180 in august is my highest so far).

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

240 miles

Solid showing at City of Lakes 25K

• Hit 1500
                • Run 180
                • Lose 4lbs
                • Double twice a week
                • Run super slow 5-6 runs a week
                • Run hill repeats 1/week

I think my mojo is back.

#artbydmcbride

Hoppity, where in California??  Smile

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

September goals

205 miles

heal up all injuries (knee, heel etc.)

increase long runs

have fun  Smile

Runners run

Run my first 30 mile day (in a relay)

Start training for that untrainable marathon or at least put up a honest effort.

Jill_B

I fly.

September is my taper time... my marathon is October 1, so this is tricky.

I'd like 175 miles at least, but I don't want to overdue it...

Ugh, I just want to feel good about this marathon!  

Bring it on.

Hoppity, where in California??  Smile

San DIego from the 13th-18th and then everywhere and anywhere (heading up to San Fran, out to the High Sierra/Yosemite for some climbing an hiking)....via LA/Torrance on the 18th/19th and maybe on the 29th/30th too as we fly out of San DIego.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Copying Knifey's cute little diamond bullets....

• 50 mile race in a few weeks
                            • Run the Air Force half marathon for fun
                            • Around 200 miles which should put me over the 1500 mile point for the year
                            • Get back to working on arms and abs
                            • Start doing some hill workouts after the 50 miler so the Flying Monkey won't kill me in November

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

San DIego from the 13th-18th and then everywhere and anywhere (heading up to San Fran, out to the High Sierra/Yosemite for some climbing an hiking)....via LA/Torrance on the 18th/19th and maybe on the 29th/30th too as we fly out of San DIego.

PS.  You around at all?  If I actually make any proper plans (and get permission to distract our holiday with runningahead awesomeness) then it would be cool to meet up and run or whatever.  

AXes

• Let gimpy ankle get healthy
                                • Run the hard runs hard and the easy runs easy

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff