1500 Miles So Go Run

1st quarter of the year almost complete! (Read 460 times)

Are you behind or in front of the bunny?  If you are behind, what's your plan to pass that wascally wabbit?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

well I had an 80 mile lead and that's down to less than 20.  I'm staring to feel like my foot problem is a possible stress fracture.  so I may be going the other way and letting the bunny sail on by.  when you hardly run for 3 weeks and at after 2 miles on a treadmill your foot starts to hurt that's what I refer to as not a good thing.

Ugh!  Sorry to hear that Doug. 

Seanv2

I'm pretty far behind, but I am also finally starting to log decent miles... hope spring eternal!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

The bunny is up on me but not too far out of reach at the moment. If all goes well should be back at even soon.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Don't be fooled by that picture guys, Pace Bunny looks like she wants some sympathy but remember she is a persistent, non-stop little bugger...the epitome of an ultrarunner

Every rest day you have she is still running, everytime you are resting, she is running. Don't panic though, it is only the first quarter, there are three to go.

Jerry
              A runners blog-updated daily

So the pace bunny won't be resting on Easter?!?! 

Oh no no no....she will hopefully be chasing after me with a VERY LARGE choccy egg as I carb load for 10 April and my 12 hour ultra

Jerry

Very cool, Jerry!  I think chocolate makes you a better runner.  I read that somewhere, didn't I? 

I like your kitty.  Is that your creation? 

Very cool, Jerry!  I think chocolate makes you a better runner.  I read that somewhere, didn't I? 

I like your kitty.  Is that your creation? 

Oh yes, chocolate is a requirement in all events, well they are in my books...a little treat to while away the 50 km marker. The kitty pic was "borrowed" from somewhere on the interweb thingy when I was very into trying out fell and hill running. That type of running was the thing that drew me into the ultra world.

I was once described as "..the loquacious runner..." as I have/had a tendency to run with my mouth, always talking or shouting, until about mile 20 when I settle into a pace.

Jerry

strained my achilles and have been fighting with it for weeks.... my running has practically stopped.

I feel like garbage.

Pulled out of my planned 30k race this weekend.... and that rodent has passed me big time.

I'm pissed off.

I'm way behind.  Finally got up to the mileage that I would need had I actually been running that amount all along.  Since I haven't, I guess I'll need to somehow get in 33 miles a week for the rest of the year.  Since that's not going to happen, the best plan I can come up with is divine intervention.  Since I'm an atheist I guess that plan is just as unlikely as the other.  Maybe cosmic rays will cause a computer glitch that will add a couple hundred miles to my log.  I could rent a convertible and go for a long slow car ride with my Garmin and pretend it's a run.
                          KvnJns

I'm doing well. I blame it on training for my first Ultra.

Kevin

I'm doing well. I blame it on training for my first Ultra.

Excellent news, how far are you planning to run? I note you mention DWD Gnaw Bone in the Ultra Runner's forum.

Jerry

KvnJns

50 Miles at Gnaw Bone. Thats the plan anyway, not sure if I can make it that far though. I WILL give it one hell of a try.

Kevin