1500 Miles So Go Run

So far so good! (Read 405 times)

Beware, batbear...

First full week of 2011 and I got in my 30 miles this week!  I'm pretty psyched about it!  

Got  a bit of a crappy knee due to slogging through slush last week, but I'm happy to say that, after yesterday being the most painful, it feels a lot better today.

So how's everyone else doing?

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

In it for the long run..

Got 37 miles for the week, which was a little bit of a bonus.  Weather could be an issue this week.

"It's not who wins the workout..."

I fly.

Well, I ran a few times this year, but with traveling I'm already behind the bunny...  Here's hoping that this week I'll catch up!

Bring it on.

Cattywumpus

Tripped and fell last night, but it was because I ran onto deep grass from pavement suddenly (not my usual trip over invisible obstacle stunt)

and the good news is I fell on grass so my knees are stained but I believe unhurt.  Smile

Running is stupid

Big storm supposedly coming tomorrow night - could impede my Wednesday run that I have planned.

Tripped and fell last night, but it was because I ran onto deep grass from pavement suddenly (not my usual trip over invisible obstacle stunt)

and the good news is I fell on grass so my knees are stained but I believe unhurt.  Smile

I tripped over an invisible obstacle this summer...just bloody knees and nothing but a couple of scars now...thankfully, no actual damage...other than my pride.  Hopefully yours will remain unhurt.

My month is going well, I already have over 1/2 the miles this month than I ran all of last month...I feel better than I have ever felt, and am in a good place.

And, with those remarks (famous last words kind of thing), I will probably end up with some debilitating injury after my 3 mile recovery jog tonight. Smile

I've never run more than 2 consecutive 40 miles weeks before...if I get my run in tomorrow that will be 3 - 40 mile weeks in a row.  I am kind of freaking out.  I feel good, really good. 

What do I do next week?  Do it again?  Cut back?  I've done a workout (speed), a long run and a mid-long run every week...so maybe just easy/recovery only next week? 

Freaking out.

C-R

Keep 'em going Jen. Your body will tell you when you need a cutback.

Well done. Well done indeed!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm behind.  Didn't even realize it until I just now took a look.  I'm doing a reverse taper after the Disney Marathon which hasn't help my weekly mileage.  Soon I will be training for an ultra so I imagine that will more than make up the difference.  I hope!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!