1500 Miles So Go Run

Would it be too much to ask? (Read 624 times)

Dave

Would it be too much to ask for some of the people on the first page of the yearly distance to take a couple of days off? I just hit my personal high for weekly mileage and I still don't make the front page. It's sort of humiliating Roll eyes And yes, Eddy, I'm talking to you. How about a rest and recovery week?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I briefly saw page 1 2 days ago, after an 11 miler. Looks like my place is probably going to be around 45-50, most weeks...at least until warmer weather and marathon training. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Haha. I agree. Some at the top (self included) need to evaluate whether they belong here or not. My goal is to hit between 1,500 and 1,800 miles (I only ran 1,200 last year). For those with goals over 2,000 for the year - you should consider leaving. Mine is high at the moment due to being at the peak of marathon training - taper starts in a couple weeks. I think at the end of January - we should take a vote for how far is too far in front of the bunny? This is our group - thoughts and input are welcome. I'm definitely in favor of keeping things fair for everyone - even if it means turning over the reigns and moving up to the 2K club.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I don't know - I mean there'll probably be a number of people in a similar situation who are getting more miles in now for whatever reason than they will the rest of the year. I guess we are always going to have this situation. Some people will want to show off by hitting what for them is a stupidly easy target. We had to persuade Eddy to move on from the 1000km, 1000mile and 2000km groups. Perhaps he thinks 1500miles is a *real target* for him - despite the fact that at the rate he's going now he'll hit it at the end of April Roll eyes Anyway - it could be worse - Runtowin is still in the 1000km group! He should reach 1000km sometime around the start of March - talk about hogging the leaderboard!
            I have mixed emotions on it. Someone who is leading the board now may not do so a few weeks down the road. But, if the intent is to reach more mileage for the year and you already know that, then yes, I think moving up to the next group is the respectable thing to do. At first I thought I would try for 2000 miles this year but after thinking it through I realized that there will be some weeks when I run much less than others and odds are that I will just reach 1500 by the end of the year. Especially now that my treadmill is gone, my body is having a hard time adjusting to all my runs being outside. In 2007 I didn't reach 1500 so I'm thinking that my mileage won't be much different this year. But...If during the year I find that I'm doing more weekly mileage than I planned, I'll drop out of this group - in all fairness. But I really won't know until a few months from now, I'm guessing.

Michelle

Len

Damn Yankee

Is it really a status symbol to have the lead in a particular mileage group? Eddy is the leader in both the 1500 AND the 2000 mile groups. I'm a member of both groups too, but I am not reaching for the 2000 mile mark. I couldn't really care less, I'm hopeful to be within a mile of the pace bunny after my run tomorrow and as long as I achieve my 1500 mile goal by the end of the year it's all good.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Master of Inconsistency

I noticed that too..lame .I've come close to a 1000 miles for both years since I started running 06,( 935 )07,( 938) but since I'm basebuilding I figured I'd go for 1500. The point of this thread is the challenge, not to win!

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

I think it's exciting to see your name climb towards the number one spot. If someone is there hogging it and being far enough past everyone else to move onto the next group it kind of takes away some of the satisfaction of working towards that goal. MTA: I'm also part of the 2000 group but that's mostly just for the entertainment value. I'm clearly no threat to the number one spot. Big grin

Michelle

Dave

Relax, it was just a joke, folks. Not trying to get anyone to move up a group. My only competition is with the rodent. ... ... and Eddy Wink Wink I am planning a long run tomorrow to get back on the first page though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Eddy is on a mission but he knows we're just busting on him. Sort of. Smile Clowning around As for the bunny, I can hear those furry feet not too far behind me. MTA: By the way, Eddy. What is your mileage goal for the year? Just wondering.

Michelle

I just peaked today...will taper the next few weeks. It's only January, ya never know what the other 353 days will bring.

Jennifer mm#1231

It's only January, ya never know what the other 353 days will bring.
                          Isn't that the truth! I go back and forth with how I feel great one week to how getting my miles in another week seems to be nearly impossible. MTA: Nice 21 miler! Smile That's the pace I'm hoping to be at for my next marathon.

Michelle

Isn't that the truth! I go back and forth with how I feel great one week to how getting my miles in another week seems to be nearly impossible. MTA: Nice 21 miler! Smile That's the pace I'm hoping to be at for my next marathon.
                            yeah, I feel bullet proof in the middle of training but once I hit the taper, I rethink my goals! I should hit1500 but who knows!? Confused Thanks! It's my last long run before the Surf City marathon in 3 weeks. And the beginning of a mini taper this week for the Carlsbad Half Marathon next week. I dunno...today was really hard, I'm just tired. I'm hoping a decrease in mileage and better eating will help me recover. I had optimisticly set my goal at 3:35 but after today, I think I'll be happy if I can get anything under 3:40. Embarrassed

Jennifer mm#1231

yeah, I feel bullet proof in the middle of training but once I hit the taper, I rethink my goals! I should hit1500 but who knows!? Confused Thanks! It's my last long run before the Surf City marathon in 3 weeks. And the beginning of a mini taper this week for the Carlsbad Half Marathon next week. I dunno...today was really hard, I'm just tired. I'm hoping a decrease in mileage and better eating will help me recover. I had optimisticly set my goal at 3:35 but after today, I think I'll be happy if I can get anything under 3:40. Embarrassed
                              Surf City was the one that I was hoping to do but my husband said "no thank you" to traveling that far for a race in February. I'm hoping to do the Monkey (TN) in November, I'll be able to take that trip as my birthday gift to myself. Sounds like your taper is just in time since you're tired, perhaps worn out. I didn't get into running longer distances until after running my first HM last March and I'm still learning. It's been a struggle for me to listen to my body, but slowly I'm getting better at paying attention to the aches and pains and feelings of tired that are signals that I need to take off here or there. I know when I'm tired when I take a day off and don't feel guilty. I bet that 3:35 won't be out of your reach, especially with a three week taper. Won't that allow a fair amount of time for your body to to be ready to push just a little harder on race day? What's your goal for the HM next weekend? When I look at the numbers on paper 1500 to even 2000 miles always seems doable. But then the weeks come and go and think to myself "What was I thinking?!?!". At this point my focus is my long runs on Sundays, increasing till I get to my longest run before my marathon in May. AND...I'm still looking to reach my goal in the 5k. With such different races I think I'm asking too much from my body and way too much for me sticking to any realistic training plan. But, we'll see.

Michelle

I was also wondering why Blaine is in the 1000K group Confused
                                2009: BQ?