1500 Miles So Go Run

Go Boilers (Read 360 times)

Just glad to see some life in this group. Can someone tell me when it is going to warm the hell up. Seems like we've had 10 to 15 mph winds since early December.
      Lots of wind here, but if it's part of the deal with the devil to avoid frozen precipitation I'll put up with it and low temps. I am COMPLETELY sick of slipping and sliding.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Plenty of wind here in the UK but I think that is due to the beans I ate last nightBlush

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

jeffdonahue

Lots of wind here, but if it's part of the deal with the devil to avoid frozen precipitation I'll put up with it and low temps. I am COMPLETELY sick of slipping and sliding.
          Supposed to get another 3 inches tonight Bad Dawg - woohoo!!!!!! Though it is supposed to turn to rain later - which either means it will not accumulate or it will be meg-heavy gross slush that will freeze into a 1 inch thick sheet of ice.

Think Whirled Peas

As a Spartan fan, this thread title offends me. Evil grin Wink

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

As a Spartan fan, this thread title offends me. Evil grin Wink
              Does it help that I'm a Tiger's fan?
                Supposed to get another 3 inches tonight Bad Dawg - woohoo!!!!!!
                That forecast was enough to bring a tear to my eye, I've lived in New England my entire life but this winter has really worn me down. That one 50 degree day we had plays a role in the level of misery, that kind of tease is just SO wrong.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Think Whirled Peas

Does it help that I'm a Tiger's fan?
                  A little, yeah.
                  That forecast was enough to bring a tear to my eye, I've lived in New England my entire life but this winter has really worn me down. That one 50 degree day we had plays a role in the level of misery, that kind of tease is just SO wrong.
                  Ed, you've gotta look at that 50 degree day as a shot in the arm, "attaboy", keep-at-it, kind of thing. I (try to) take those days as a mini-reward for gutting it out all winter long, and use the memory of that warm day's run to help fuel me through the dark and cold days that inevitably follow. Treat 'em like a little gift from the running gods! and yeah, i'm done w/the white stuff too. So done.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Ed, you've gotta look at that 50 degree day as a shot in the arm, "attaboy", keep-at-it, kind of thing. I (try to) take those days as a mini-reward for gutting it out all winter long, and use the memory of that warm day's run to help fuel me through the dark and cold days that inevitably follow. Treat 'em like a little gift from the running gods!
                    You're absolutely right Q, I should HTFU and stop whining (or whingeing as Chopper would say). The 50 degree tease is even BETTER than the 50 degree days to come, because it was 100% bug-free perfect running conditions. Early Spring thaw days are the best.

E.J.