1500 Miles So Go Run

Would it be too much to ask? (Read 624 times)

just popped in to see if there was any news yet.....
      Yay I got a break from the hospital. Kids are doing great!! Peyton was 6lbs 5 oz and Cara was 5 lbs 10 oz. Saw no guts(thank God) but wife got extremely nervous until they brought me in room after they gave her spinal. They are both beautiful and healthy(oh born 1:39pm and 1:40 pm 1-17-08). Will have pictures soon I hope to post since I am an extremely proud and happy daddy. Oh diet not going so good past few days and haven't ran past 2 but oh well back to it Monday I hopeSmile
        i think we'll let you off worrying about diet right now! congratulations. and to mrs mark also - i hope she is doing well and recovers quickly.

A Saucy Wench

congrats!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yay I got a break from the hospital. Kids are doing great!! Peyton was 6lbs 5 oz and Cara was 5 lbs 10 oz. Saw no guts(thank God) but wife got extremely nervous until they brought me in room after they gave her spinal. They are both beautiful and healthy(oh born 1:39pm and 1:40 pm 1-17-08). Will have pictures soon I hope to post since I am an extremely proud and happy daddy. Oh diet not going so good past few days and haven't ran past 2 but oh well back to it Monday I hopeSmile
            Congrats to you and Mrs Mark Big grin Are these your first? Can't wait to see pictures !
            2009: BQ?

Slow-smooth-fast

You guys need to chill out. I don't really have a goal in mind for how much mileage this year, but all I can say is that you never know what is around the corner with injuries etc. The reason my mileage was up initially, is because I was peaking with my low heart rate training. You will be glad to know that now I am finished with that, and am in my strength and speed phase, so will now only be between 35-45 mpw. So, I will be dropping down the rankings quickly ok guys. And I think instead of being bitter about it, it would be more beneficial to be positive: say, "Hey Eddy, you are doing well, from where you have come, keep it up" I dont intend to show off or dominate or anything like that, but to see my name near the top does wonders for my self esteem as it has aleways been low(before I started running), and this gives me a little confidence now, and self belief, that I can actually achieve something. Hope this clears things up.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Dave

I'm sure I was one of the offenders, Eddy. I'm actually a big admirer of both your progress and your mileage so far this year. I meant absolutely no offense, just a bit of light heartheartedness. I apologize if it didn't come through as intended. I'm in competition with no one except myself. And zoom-zoom. If you check her mileage log, it is pretty clear she's stalking me. Guess I did it again. Wink There is a guy in the CR Marathon Trainers group who we've been ribbing in a similar way. He's on track for a 400 mile MONTH in January (Pace2Race). We should probably say some mean things here in this forum as well Wink Oh and a big congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Mark. It must be baby week on RA as Trent had a baby boy a day or so ago. All the best to you and your family.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And zoom-zoom. If you check her mileage log, it is pretty clear she's stalking me. Guess I did it again. Wink
                  Well...crap. Now I have to really HTFU this week to pass you, again! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Yes, you do. I ran this morning in 19F, windchills approaching 0. Wouldn't have gone out but I knew you were out there. Somewhere. Running. Leaving me behind Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Eddy you rock! but watch out I behind you heheehheheh
                        Hey, when I checked yesterday I thought I was up around place 11, what happend? Everyone else needs to just stop running for a day or two. Big grin Big grin

Michelle

Ok not sure how to post the pictures so changed my avatar to a pic of the twins until i can figure it out.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*hearts* Mark, that is SO cool! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

They are so adorable. Congrats Mark to you and your family! Smile
                                Thanks all here are some pics!!! Bah can,t get image shack to work to tiredSad will work on it tomorrow. Click on my name for a pic of Cara though will change that pic.