1500 Miles So Go Run

October goals (Read 622 times)

140 miles

4 half marathons

stay strong

I already ran a trail 1/2 this last weekend...it was one of the most awesome runs ever...I had never run on a trail before, ever.  Woohoo!  My quads are completely trashed though...hoping only one more day of recovery is necessary!

jeffdonahue

Run a continuous mile without ending up back a square 1.  That is the sum total of my goals for October.

Wow, Anne, that sux.  I saw that your mileage had pretty much stopped a while ago - hope its healing up.   Is ity our hamstring again?

My goals are to

1. Heal from an injury

2. Run 150 miles for the month

3. Run a marathon in Greece

Had to scrap Chicago due to injury.   

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Just a dude.

My goals:

1. 275 miles

2. <18:30 5k on Oct 9

3. Lots of hills

-Kelly

Item 2 done... ran 17:53 for my 5k today...

Yay!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

#artbydmcbride

Dayum, KellyDodge!!  You just keep running faster and faster!

Runners run

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, Kelly.

Mileage goal for October is 190, with an outside shot at 200.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I'm back in front of the damn bunny, again.  This time to stay unless I get sick or injured.  No other planned training interruptions.

"I aim to misbehave."

Just a dude.

Nice... way to go...

Give it an extra kick for me won't ya?

-Kelly

C-R

I didn't have a mileage goal for the month since my main focus was 3:10 at my goal marathon. With pre-race taper and post race recovery, I'll be lucky to hit 150.

However, I did get that 3:10 and 35 seconds. So I'm playing on house money for a few days.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats, C-R.

So far I look to be right on track for 190.  I'm already looking at the calendar trying to pick days that I can get those 10 extra...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Just a dude.

Sounds great.

I'm gonna take some time off to get my calf/ankle better I think... I doubt I will make my goals... 

/sigh

-Kelly

I didn't have a mileage goal for the month since my main focus was 3:10 at my goal marathon. With pre-race taper and post race recovery, I'll be lucky to hit 150.

However, I did get that 3:10 and 35 seconds. So I'm playing on house money for a few days.

Nice work C-R!

I'm in much the same situation.  I didn't set a mileage goal as I was aiming for a 3.15 marathon.  I didn't quite make it (3.18) but was obviously very happy with that.  I recovered well and started running again after 2 days off so will now be targeting 200 miles for October.  

I've got 13 miles on that little bugger, now!  Opening up a little space there.

"I aim to misbehave."

jeffdonahue

1.)  Qualify for Boston - October 17th - Baystate Marathon (3:20:59)

Thats pretty much it.  I'll be happy if I'm running the next day because I plan to put everything I have into that race and hold my 7:40 pace until I either cross the finish line or fall down and cant move (or both).

Didnt happen.  Oh well.  But I had a good race.  I held my 7:40 pace for about 16 miles and then I just slowed down.  My legs didnt really hurt, but my feet felt heavy.  I was still running pretty comfortably, but my pace after that was about 8:40s which I held for the rest of the race and felt happy with my 3:36 when I finished.

My mileage for this month probably wont hit 150, but I'll try to hit 140 - that is 18 more miles in the next 4 days.

After that I have no goals, but I would like to get fitter so I might start doing a boot camp class or something.

#artbydmcbride

{{{KellyDodge's cankles}}}}

Runners run