1500 Miles So Go Run

Welcome New Peeps! (Read 1699 times)

Go Pre!

3:35:07 ----- 5 seconds off my PR! Can't complain, enjoyed every minute of this one including a final 5k of 24:00 as I tried to PB after a conservative first 22 miles before I realized how good I still felt Smile
      Great job Dave, don't know how you could run that well that often. I'm still dragging from BayState and you're running like a youngster. Whatever you're doing, don't change a thing. Congrats!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Joining this group in prep for 2009. Smile Hopefully two marathons help push me over 1500 for the year. Smile Ok...back to lurking till 2009.

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Queen of 3rd Place

Wow, you're really working ahead on those new years resolutions! Arla

Ex runner

Carl A

Never reached 1500 before, so here I am, hoping to get there and maybe beyond in 2009. Happy Old Year! And an early Happy New Year!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Joined for next year. I don't expect to hit 2000, but 30 miles each week seems to be about perfect for me.
                New to the group. My goal for last year was 1000, so I am kicking it up a notch for 2009. Hoping to get in 2-3 marathons.

~Sara
                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm new here, also. 1500 is a stretch for me, but why not shoot for the moon? I ran 1064 miles last year. I think I have a shot if I don't get injured.
                  Gig

Hi there. I did 1,000 in '07, missed 1,243 (2,000 km) in '08 by two miles, and now I'm shooting for 1,500. Actually, I might end up reaching for 2,000 miles, but for now...
                    MrH

I didn't start logging miles until December 14, 2008. I've set a goal of 30mpw so it'll be a close one between me and the bunny all year unless i get injured, or decide half way through that more mileage is my thang.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jules2

Joined for next year. I don't expect to hit 2000, but 30 miles each week seems to be about perfect for me.
                        Same here, managed 1001.9 last yearwith my last run on the 30th December but had a lot of the Summer off injured, I think I could manage 2000 but as I cycle as well ( 2600 last year ) I'm not prepared to put the time in to get to 2000 but 1500 seems about right.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*waves at new peeps* I'm guessing I'm not the only one who would like to cut the difference between 1500 and 2000 with a 1750 mile year. I need about 34 miles/week to get there.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hello everyone. Missed the 1000 mile target last year, so I decided "What the heck, let's go for 1500 miles this year!". So far so good. Six 30 mile+ weeks in a row. It's a shame most of them were run last year Smile

Geoff

Gig

Hello everyone. Missed the 1000 mile target last year, so I decided "What the heck, let's go for 1500 miles this year!". So far so good. Six 30 mile+ weeks in a row. It's a shame most of them were run last year Smile
                              In the interest of the roundness of numbers, what about 3,000 km? That would be 1864+ miles, about 36 per week. Hmmm.
                                In the interest of the roundness of numbers, what about 3,000 km? That would be 1864+ miles, about 36 per week. Hmmm.
                                I'm all for round numbers Smile If I don't get injured and stay healthy for most the year I expect to run 3,000 km. But I don't want to push it any further than that just yet. I spent from February to June last year dealing with shin pain. I'm doing my best to avoid that happening again!

Geoff