1500 Miles So Go Run

almost caught by a wabbit (Read 281 times)

shin splints and a bad case of the flu = one week of no running. I made it through a slow easy run today and I think I'm 90% healthy. My lead was down to 1 day of bunny runnin'. Now I have to get back to the routine and put some distance between us again.

Nice one Doug I have had a similar frustration with a chest infection which knocked me for 6 for a week. I even had a week out at the beginning of the year with a foot injury. Don't get into a panic and think you have to run extra distances to catch up and overtake PB, take it easily and steadily otherwise you will put yourself under undue pressure to perform. You'll get there, you have afterall another 9 months Big grin

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Oh Mighty Wing

i had a respiratory thingy last week that knocked me out also!!
        celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Don't get into a panic and think you have to run extra distances to catch up and overtake PB, take it easily and steadily otherwise you will put yourself under undue pressure to perform. You'll get there, you have afterall another 9 months Big grin
          +1. Plenty of time to recover--you will be fine. FWIW, I've never been ahead of the bunny, although I'm closing in this week and may catch it next week.

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k