1500 Miles So Go Run

1500 miles ... I started the year off with a bang (Read 239 times)

in Jan I reached 200 miles. PR'd at a HM. In Feb I PR'd at a marathon. And then started my 4 months battlingh soleus injuries. Still injured, in April, I did (hate to call it *run*) a marathon and my mileage was about 65 or so. I stopped watching the pace bunny. In May, still injured with 45 miles. June, another marathon injured, 49 miles. FInally was on the road to recovery, hit 206 in July, breaking the 10% rule. Big grin August I decided to go ahead and train for a 50k. Hit 276 Sept, still ramping up training and completing my first 50k+ (32.9 miles) I hit an all time high of 287 Today, I passed 1500 miles. It's been a long, depressing year fighting injury but I feel like the toughest is behind me! Learn and move on! This week I hope to pass that 2000 mile pace bunny. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

August I decided to go ahead and train for a 50k. Hit 276 Sept, still ramping up training and completing my first 50k+ (32.9 miles) I hit an all time high of 287
      Shocked I thought I was doing pretty well approaching 200...covering that much ground is amazing. Way to kick this pace bunny's ass, I bet the Swamp bunny's checking his rearview mirror and sweating.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

hahaha! yeah. thanks. Smile I actually was set to hit 300 last month but took 2 days off after the 50k (that trying to be smart and learning from past mistakes thing) so I was off a day's run. No worries. Maybe I'll hit it this month.

Jennifer mm#1231

Queen of 3rd Place

Nice work on that recovery...you done good kicking your injury and then coming back... Arla

Ex runner

Go Pre!

I have projected that I will cross the 1500 mile mark during the very end of next weekend's marathon. IT Band injury made me miss out last year, just making it past 1400. This year has been much better and thoroughly enjoyable...with over 2 months left!
              Turned over the 1500 mile mark today. 3 1/2 weeks 'til marathon#1!
                3 measly little miles to go Daddyo, way to work! And good luck with your first Randy, I'm guessing they're all a helluva experience (I know my three have been) but your first even moreso. Looking forward to your report.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.