1500 Miles So Go Run

U-S-A.....U-S-A! (Read 579 times)

OOoooooohh I see, I must have a word with Tom about his use of sarcasm, it doesn't translate across the pond very well  

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Gig

Well, maybe Doug was being sarcastic. Oooooohh. I didn't really mean that. I was being sarcastic.

U-S-A!! U-S-A!! Or am I being sarcastic? To be honest, I kinda lost track.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

( o )( o )

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

GKA

GKA

I can't believe the game isn't being covered by ESPN. They are covering it in other parts of the world.   ESPN2 has the World Series of Poker, which just about says it all about this country! This is why professional football will never be successful in the US; not enough commercial revenue opportunities for the tv channels.
          "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai
            I can't believe the game isn't being covered by ESPN. They are covering it in other parts of the world.   ESPN2 has the World Series of Poker, which just about says it all about this country! This is why professional football will never be successful in the US; not enough commercial revenue opportunities for the tv channels.

Not sure why you missed it but the game was on ESPN.  The Worldwide Leader does a decent job of covering the national team so they get no complaints from me.

The game turned out to be a monumental disappointment and although the difference is razor thin there is a difference and Brazil capitalized in the 2nd half.  Even after Brazil's first goal I still thought it probable that the USA were going to hold on.  A proper effort for sure.

And another thing, bravo to both squads for not flopping around.  Both teams made runs into the box and kept their legs about them not looking for the cheap penalty and I can appreciate that.  The official seemed to have a decent control of the match as well.  Congrats to Brazil and congrats to the US on their 2nd place finish.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Purdey

Self anointed title

Guys guys guys - a bit of light hearted leg-pulling!  Cheesus - if you can't rib another team over sports then...

Anyway!  Many congratulations to the USA.  Pulling 2 goals ahead of Brazil is something that just about every other team in the world can only dream of.  Unlucky not to win it - seriously.

I think that the days of the USA "soccer" team being the World's whipping boys are over - this is just the start.  Nice one.

( o )( o )

zoom,

do you mind if I quote your boobs?  by quote I don't mean "quote".  though I'm not sure what that would mean either. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

zoom,

do you mind if I quote your boobs?  by quote I don't mean "quote".  though I'm not sure what that would mean either. 

Ooh...I wonder if my hubby would be jealous of another guy quoting my cyber-boobies.  Is it wrong? Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I think it is fine as long as I don't "quote" your boobs.  whatever that is.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think it is fine as long as I don't "quote" your boobs.  whatever that is.

Heh. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

From football to boobs. Things sure do switch tracks but then again its been explained to me that all things can be explained as a need for money or sex. I use Egypt as a perfect example - frequenting local ladies of the evening = 3-0 loss.

As for the real matches, those were great! If you watched and didn't enjoy the USA-Spain, Brazil-RSA or USA-Brazil match you will never enjoy football.

Hat tip to Howard - that was some great keeper work. If we had a better ball controlling midfield and one more good defender, he wouldn't get shelled with 20 shots on frame during a match. US football is improving but it will take many more years to be considered a legit top 10 national team. Prehaps we should first win a game in Azteca stadium and then we can work on conqureing the football world.

And Jerry - please don't tell us that you're a Chelsea supporter. Blech!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Purdey

Self anointed title

US football is improving but it will take many more years to be considered a legit top 10 national team.

At this rate it will not take long at all.  The English team should not really be considered in the top 30 in the world in my opinion.  Sure, some talented individuals - but an absolutely dreadful team.  The US team is pretty much the opposite - individuals of average ability but a great team - that is how it should be.

That is probably enough blowing of sunshine up your collective arses.

C-R

At this rate it will not take long at all.  The English team should not really be considered in the top 30 in the world in my opinion.  Sure, some talented individuals - but an absolutely dreadful team.  The US team is pretty much the opposite - individuals of average ability but a great team - that is how it should be.

That is probably enough blowing of sunshine up your collective arses.

That's quite a load of sunshine. Slow and steady is ok. Its a game of patience. I think repeating Gold Cup and getting to knockout stage would be good. A win in knockout would be excellent.

As for England, give Capello a chance to work on that team. He's a very good manager even if he is starstruck by Beck's.  Good team potential but all of the chips and some luck have to fall in place to make a run in South Africa next year. At least it won't be that dreadful offense of playing Crouch up front by himself hoping to beat 4 defenders off the dribble. I'm sure you really enjoyed that.

On a schadenfreude note - seeing Italy in such disarray does my soul some real good. Heh

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/