1500 Miles So Go Run

I am happy... (Read 476 times)

#artbydmcbride

Congrats on your marathon!!!   Our HM times are very close...but I can't imagine ever pulling off the time you did for the marathon.  How did it feel (in terms of effort)? Any tips?

It felt pretty tough after mile 19.   I just tried to keep to the late race plan; keep drinking, take a gu every 3 miles, and keep my feet moving in beat to the music.

Thanks, Anne!  Smile

Runners run

tiny m

Because I finished my first ever 10k yesterday in under an hour and I'm looking forward to the ORRRC half marathon at the end of the month.  It's hard to believe I started running in November! Big grin

Because I finished my first ever 10k yesterday in under an hour and I'm looking forward to the ORRRC half marathon at the end of the month.  It's hard to believe I started running in November! Big grin

Great race there, m.  And thanks for conning that rgilbert guy into running a 10k.  Food on the Run was a lot of fun.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Yay...the happy thread is back....WELL DONE tiny m....soon we will call Big M. That is incredible concidering you have been running for such a short time and then to do a half marathon!

I love "Nothing to Something" stories so want to hear much more news from you about the training you are doing

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

HappyFeat

I'm happy because I made it onto Page 2 Big grin and because last week was my first week of the year where I actually stuck to my plan of 6-6-8-6-rest-LR-rest, giving me a 40-mile week - my 5th one ever. I feel none the worse for wear and my back and foot are continuing to heal and feel better every day.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats to all of you!  I'm happy because things are looking up for me, running-wise.  I'm not 100%, but I had a beautiful eight mile pre-dawn run this morning.

#artbydmcbride

Smile

Runners run

...because I did not race my race today.  After battling with a sinus infection from hell for a few weeks, I decided I needed to downgrade this one to a training run.

At the eleventh hour, I offered to pace a buddy who was looking to set a new PR.  This ended up being one of the more rewarding experiences of my "running career."  He took his PR down from 4:38 to 3:55, and that is pretty awesome. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

#artbydmcbride

Wow rgilbert!   That is awesome!  will you come and pace me to a PR too?  Big grin

Runners run

That is an amazing drop in  PB but what makes it so brilliant was your time after a sinus infection....my deepest bow

Jerry

tiny m

because that half marathon I mentioned earlier in this thread was this morning and I made it in a minute under my goal time of 2:12. Considering in November I couldn't run one ten-minute mile and I am so excited to be able to hold that pace for the whole race now.  This Fall had better watch out because I think I see a marathon in my near future, maybe for my 1 year running anniversary. Smile

HappyFeat

...because I did not race my race today.  After battling with a sinus infection from hell for a few weeks, I decided I needed to downgrade this one to a training run.

At the eleventh hour, I offered to pace a buddy who was looking to set a new PR.  This ended up being one of the more rewarding experiences of my "running career."  He took his PR down from 4:38 to 3:55, and that is pretty awesome. 

Ryan, that's just heartwarming...you deserve a medal...thanks for being such a great running buddy to your buddy.

Tiny M - yay you!! Don't you want to show us your running log? I want to see how you did that. Great accomplishment!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

tiny m

HappyFeat >  I mixed running and walking until I could get in 2-3 miles a few times a week and then just slowly increased my mileage up to about 32 miles a week. I was amazed how much faster I got with time, without trying to run faster. For the last 12 weeks I roughly followed Cool Running's beginner's half marathon plan (here). I replaced most of the long runs with long trail runs.  I also raced a 5k at the beginning of January and a 10k at the beginning of March to gauge my progress and then plugged the numbers into the Daniel's tables to estimate my pace for the half. His prediction turned out to be wickedly accurate and gave me a pace I could sustain for the whole race. But I do have to say - I am so happy to be off the training plan this week. I'm looking forward to running as often as I get a chance to this summer.  Happy running everyone!

Wing

Joggaholic

Awesome stats Smile 0-60 in a month!

I am happy because I got a PB in a road marathon today (had < 20 hours notice) finishing in 3:42:00 Big grin

Jerry