1500 Miles So Go Run

Thames Trot 50 Race Report (Read 433 times)

As usual, I have tried to put together the essence of the day into my report but it takes a few days sometimes. In the meantime enjoy my exploits of the Thames Trot 50 Mile race

Race Report

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Beware, batbear...

Great run, Jerry!  Looks like you managed to have a lot of fun while tacking on 50 miles.  Very impressive.  I'll be checking in with you over at the Ultra-Runners forum to hear more about your training schedule as I have a 50K in June - my first at that distance.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Thanks Josh, I have been watching your thread for some time, I know you have that run in the bag

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

C-R

Well done Jerry. Sounds like you had a blast. That's what running should be - fun.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Carl A

Thanks for posting the well-written and fun-to-read report, Jerry. I always enjoy hearing about your adventures.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Awesome job, Jerry!!!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Love reading your reports Jerry; they almost make me want to try an ultra...almost!  It would take more than a nice cup of tea at the finish to get me out there I think!  But the joy you experience really comes through - thanks for sharing.

C-R

Love reading your reports Jerry; they almost make me want to try an ultra...almost!  It would take more than a nice cup of tea at the finish to get me out there I think!  But the joy you experience really comes through - thanks for sharing.

Jen - come join us for  the Dances with Dirt 50 mile in May (they also have a 50k). It's down in Brown County. Only a nice 1.5 hours South.

Come on. You know you want to run this.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Come on. You know you want to run this.

What part of "almost" did you not understand?! 

Actually, does Dances with Dirt have a relay?  That I could probably do.

I absolutely loved the Eagle Creek Trail 1/2 Marathon...though, I have to assume as far as trails go, Eagle Creek is pretty mild compared to Brown County?  I have only ever run on a trail once (that half marathon) and it nearly killed me...but it was sooooooo much fun.  I keep telling myself that all this ice/snow running is kinda like trail running, right?  Hopefully once the snow clears I will get a little more into the trails.

C-R

It does have a relay and remember Eagle Creek has a full marathon as well. I plan to run that one this year.

Oh and trail running rocks.