1500 Miles So Go Run

Marathon training... (Read 1101 times)

Into the wild

So, I guess someone here's training for the big one.... Smile Who is it, and which marathon?? Is anyone else training for an autumn (spring down under) marathon? Ennay Portland, OR Oct 5th Report Zoom-Zoom Milwaukee Oct 5th Report Ileneforward Long Beach Oct 12th Report Crabby Victoria Oct 12th Report JWU42 Chicago Oct 12th CarmelRunner Indianapolis Oct 18th Report BadDawg Baystate in Lowell, MA Oct 19th Report Daddyo Toronto Oct 19th Report Jeffdonahue Baystate in Lowell, MA Oct 19th Report Hopeful4ever Detroit Oct 19th Report Mississippi Grand Rapids Oct 19th J Franglais Beachy Head, UK Oct 25th dgb2n USMC Oct 26th Report Daddyo Hamilton Nov 2nd Report MM #1166 Wanderingoutlaw OBX (Outer Banks) Nov 9th Report _________________________________________________________ Next Up... Mindbender Richmond Nov 15th Lifesabeach San Antonio R&R Nov 16th JustMarion San Antonio R&R Nov 16th _________________________________________________________ Mississippi Monkey Nov 23rd nj joe Philadelphia Nov 23rd Daddyo Las Vagas Dec 7th Surf Ninja Honolulu Dec 14th arlahile Disney Jan 11th JWU42 Houston Jan 18th Hope you're all 'on target'; they're getting close.... M.T.A. Names & Stuff

Shut up and run

A Saucy Wench

It wasnt me, but I am training for Portland OR, Oct 5th (7 weeks)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wasn't me, but I'm training for Baystate in Lowell, MA on October 19th. BQ or die trying.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

A Saucy Wench

Wasn't me, but I'm training for Baystate in Lowell, MA on October 19th. BQ or die trying.
          I could look this up but what is your BQ time?

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I could look this up but what is your BQ time?
            3:30(:59) I was three minutes off in Providence in May, and Lowell is pancake flat in comparison. That's no guarantee, but I think I should have a pretty good shot at it.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It wasnt me, but I am training for Portland OR, Oct 5th (7 weeks)
              I'm training for Milwaukee the same day. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

3:30(:59) I was three minutes off in Providence in May, and Lowell is pancake flat in comparison. That's no guarantee, but I think I should have a pretty good shot at it.
                Yeah I would think so too. Your mileage looks good and your other times have been dropping nicely since then, I think even on the same course you'd get your 3 min. Fingers crossed for good weather and good day.

Into the wild

My own attempt at the biggun is Oct 25th. A tough UK trail run (Beachy Head Marathon): I hope for a sub 5 hour. Good luck you lot.

Shut up and run

wanderingoutlaw

OBX (Outer Banks) Marathon on November 9

John

C-R

Indianapolis marathon on Oct 18th but no biggun for me. I'll be gald to pass the finish line in less than 4. BTW - kudos to all for kicking that bunny's a$# Last question - which training program did you use to develop your schedule (I'm assuming it was a hybrid and not a verbatim based on previous posts and comments). Just curious. I'm tampering with Higdon I2

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

Indianapolis marathon on Oct 18th but no biggun for me. I'll be gald to pass the finish line in less than 4. BTW - kudos to all for kicking that bunny's a$# Last question - which training program did you use to develop your schedule (I'm assuming it was a hybrid and not a verbatim based on previous posts and comments). Just curious. I'm tampering with Higdon I2
                        Mine is kind of a cross between Higdon I2 & A1, with all kinds of adjustments for life and personal preferences.

jeffdonahue

I'll also be running Baystate on October 19th. Just did my first 20 miler this weekend and it actually felt pretty good. I will say that I am not going for a BQ (my qualifying time would be 3:15 and there really is no chance of me hitting that). I will be happy to be under 4:00 and ecstatic if I hit 3:30. My 20 miler that I did the other day I was running an 8:19 pace average, which would bring me in at 3:38. My PR for a marathon right now is 4:31 so taking off almost an hour would rock!!!!

Me and my RP

San Antonio RnR in November. Running with (behind) LifesABeach (Jennifer). Would LOVE to BQ but I'm not banking on it. Roll eyes

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm running the Detroit Marathon this year - October 19th. The excitement of signing up for my first marathon has worn off. Now it is a bit of a "job" to get out there and run the longer distances . . . . and I'm getting scared. I'm sure the excitement will return. Good luck everyone!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wanderingoutlaw

BTW - kudos to all for kicking that bunny's a$# Last question - which training program did you use to develop your schedule (I'm assuming it was a hybrid and not a verbatim based on previous posts and comments). Just curious. I'm tampering with Higdon I2
                                I'm not quite close to kickin' the bunny's a$# but at least it's finally coming into view! My program so far has bits of Galloway's old (pre-Gallowalking schedules) and Galloway's new (run-walk) schedules, the Cool Running intermediate plan, and some Pfitz too. Could also be some influence from Daniels and from what others have done in the Low HR training group.

John