1500 Miles So Go Run

Post Marathon Bunny Chase! (Read 254 times)

Go Pre!

I have managed a measly 15k in the past 8 days. Nagging knee pain has kept me wisely avoiding too much mileage. That bunny has passed me but hopefully soon I will be able to get some serious miles in which will also help keep me sane! Patience is not my best attribute!
      Do not worry about the bunny! You will be back on the road in no time! I am also strugling to get my milage back up after the dismo race in May. But I am sure we will do a great race down Yonge in October! Try swimming or some other low impact training to give the knee a chance to heal! Take care! ArneParne Cool
      Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>
        LOL, I've felt like I was draggin my body along the last 2 weeks...that bunny is just too fast for me! You'll/we'll be up and at 'em in no time, no worries my friend. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Go Pre!

Good visit to the physiotherapist today. It is inflamation only - no damage! IApparently my quads are to blame. I need to improve my stretching routines and she also is a firm believer on post marathon massages. I also got the go ahead to run on it as long as the pain was bearable. Hopefully back on the road tomorrow! yeehaw! Arne & Dave, check this out...wanna run a marathon in every province with me?!?!?! Read - Dave's Canada-wide Marathon Plan

Go Pre!

got 6k in today...not pleasant but bearable.
              I woke up this morning feeling remarkably better than yesterday! I did my 3 mile run + .1 for good measure. Felt pretty good. I wish my husband were home this week...I could really use a post marathon massage today. Sad

Jennifer mm#1231

Go Pre!

my physio therapist recommended a post marathon massage. It's now been 11 days since the run so I don't know if it matters now. You know what, I have NEVER had a professional massage.(other than one of those sit down in the mall for a neck and shoulder massage) My wife is kind enough to do what she can. I think I might go this weekend. Ya, that sounds good.
                  I go to this great little Thai Massage place. They have you change into scrub, you lay down on a full size matress and they go to town. It's not a rubby type of massage, it's more squeezing and pressure. I had one little lady actually stand on my inner thighs Shocked and theyl twist you up like a pretzel and stretch you out really good at the end. Never know if I'm going to piss myself or snap in two! Tongue IT always feels great though.

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know what, I have NEVER had a professional massage.(other than one of those sit down in the mall for a neck and shoulder massage) My wife is kind enough to do what she can. I think I might go this weekend. Ya, that sounds good.
                    I had one ONCE...OMG, it was amazing! Someday if I have decent income I would totally book one EVERY week! it's amazing.... Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay