1500 Miles So Go Run

JULY GOALS!!! (Read 871 times)

#artbydmcbride

Smile  I'm pretty sure that Saturday morning would work out perfectly.   When the race gets closer I should have a better idea of what my plans are.

We are probably going to get there about 11:00 am.   I'll wear my Swamp singlet and Boston marathon jacket so you can spot me.   Big grin  I'll look like a tool, but it will be worth it to meet you)

Runners run

200 miles or more.

205 miles :-)  'bout stinkin' time I got back over that 200 mile mark.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Jill_B

I fly.

205 miles :-)  'bout stinkin' time I got back over that 200 mile mark.

Awesome!  

I still need my long run tomorrow to hit my monthly mileage goal.

Bring it on.

Last day long run for me to hit 204 miles (329km).  Little bit down on previous months but not bad for race season.  And my first 30km+ run for a while.  

Nice one MandyS,

Jerry
            A runners blog-updated daily

Nice one MandyS,

Thanks Jerry!  Of course it would be nothing for you - Mr I did 10 miles in the morning, but it wasn't really enough so I went out for another 13 in the afternoon..... Big grin

Jill_B

I fly.

HOW IT WENT...

My goals...

• minimum mileage 235 (really hoping for 250, but I'll be in California for a wedding that I'm the MOH so who knows... although the bride is running St. George with me so she really should understand my need for speed... but I digress...)   

Did it - 238.3

• 2 hill workouts (minimum)

Did it

• 2 speed workouts

Failed.  Never got around to these ... again...

• maintain higher mileage than Mississippi (boo, yah, I went there...)

Not relevant.  She's injured.  It's no fun competing with someone injured.  Come on Mississippi!  Hurry up and get better so I can chase you some more!

Bring it on.

LOL!  Great job Mandy and Jill!

• 202 (Where is C-R?  In his absence, I will say, at least 1 more mile than last month!)
                    • 5k PR (I think I just threw up a little)
                    • 6 mile PR
                    • keep on the hills
                    •  200 - not quite, but I did do the next one just yesterday, and I didn't think 2 extra miles today could help my training...only hurt it
                    • YES!  5k PR yesterday, 3rd in AG
                    • No...worst.race.ever. ah well
                    • yes, both hills and trails every week for the last 5 weeks

All in all a good month - 1300 for the year so far - hard for me to even wrap my head around that!

I am finally able to build up after over 15 months of injury. My goal is to chip away at Bunny's lead with weeks in the 35-40 range. I need to keep doing my PT exercises. Want to try to get a little more speed going, but it's pretty hot here. Also want to try to keep my streak going, but I'm not going to be stupid about it like I was in 2009.

5 weeks in a row over 40 miles (barely, but over....).  Chipping away at Bunny's lead- yes.   Not doing great at keeping up the PT exercises, but kneeling chair at work has helped the injury a lot.  60 day streak-  I am being stupid.  Running is stupid.   It's hot here.  Really hot. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

an amazing likeness

1. 190 miles

2. 4 days off

3. 1/2 Marathon PR

4. Stay ahead of Ileneforward in ytd  (huff, huff)

#1 - check, 210 miles for the month

#2 - nope, 30 days running...and I should have remembered this goal because the last week has been all dead legs

#3 - Hell no!!!   Ran second worst 1/2 marathon time of all time.

#4 - just barely, basically a wash.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Marylander

Goals:

Pass the pace bunny and get more miles in July than I got in June.

Well, I passed the pace bunny but the heat won out and I will end up with a couple fewer miles than June after today's 6 miler (176 vs 178).

Done my bit for the month:

• 237.8 miles which included
                            • 33 mile road race
                            • Top 5 in YTD (but I knew I would as there were a few going onto the leader board Wink)

Jerry

• Top 5 in YTD (but I knew I would as there were a few going onto the leader board Wink)

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater Big grin

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater Big grin

LOL.....tactics, tactics.....a case of "You chase, I'll follow" Big grin

Between you and me though, I was amazed by the step up in pace this month by a few peeps, Sean and Mandy are incredible.

Jerry