1500 Miles So Go Run

Marathon training... (Read 1101 times)

Into the wild

_________________________________________________________ Next Up... Daddyo Hamilton Nov 2nd _________________________________________________________ Good luck Dave.

Shut up and run

Johnny- no race report from you? How did it go?

Into the wild

Thanks for asking Smile It went great. The short report reads: aiming for sub 5 hours, finished dead on 5. Not easy, are they? Evil grin I just got back from the trip and will write it up over the next day or so and throw in some photos.

Shut up and run

Can't get any better than hitting it right on the nose! Congrats!
            Johnny- no race report from you? How did it go?
            Our host is too modest to post a link to his Beachy Head Marathon report on the first page. That doesn't mean we should let him off so easy. Give it a click, you'll be glad you did.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Into the wild

_________________________________________________________ Next Up... Wanderingoutlaw OBX (Outer Banks) Nov 9th _________________________________________________________ Good luck Outlaw

Shut up and run

wanderingoutlaw

Good luck Outlaw
                Thanks, Johnny

John

Good luck Outlaw
                  +1 , hope you have a great run John!

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Pre!

+2 Kick A$$
                    wanderingoutlaw

Well, OBX kicked my butt, but I survived--4:24:47 I'll try to write a race report in the next couple of days. If you can't wait, you can visit my log for a mini-report with splits (thanks for linking to it, johnny)

John

Into the wild

Well, OBX kicked my butt, but I survived--4:24:47 I'll try to write a race report in the next couple of days. If you can't wait, you can visit my log for a mini-report with splits (thanks for linking to it, johnny)
                        Job done John. A very respectable time plus you have next year's target time Evil grin I look forward to the full report.

Shut up and run

I survived
                          There's nothing wrong with surviving. There are good reasons most people never dream of running one of these things, they aint easy. Well done John, looking forward to the report.

E.J.

wanderingoutlaw

Finally able to type up a report at lunch and posted it in the Racing forum. Here's a link: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/1da54f8fddd349b19be9d88c05e601d1 Thanks for the comments so far

John

Prophet!

add me to the list...Honolulu marathon Dec 14th... aiming to survive on a very minimal training plan.
                              Kimmie

I read way more than I post but I hope to change that. I love race reports. They keep me motivated. Could I please join your illustrious group? Smile My next marathon is Myrtle Beach Feb. 14 2009 My goal will be to BQ- which will be an 11 minute PR. 3:45 for me. thanks!