1500 Miles So Go Run

Halfway there (Read 217 times)

Tonight's 5K race put me just over 750 miles, 50% down and 50% to go. I figure it will be close at the end of the year. I'm gearing up for an early October marathon, which will have my mileage up. As long as the post marathon dropoff remains reasonable, I should beat that furry critter to the line. I like my odds, so watch out you fuzzy biatch, I'm coming through!

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

PWL

Has been

I fell behind this spring but am looking to catch up. I'm not livin on a prayer like you--good job!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

A Saucy Wench

good job! Which marathon?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

good job! Which marathon?
          I like hills, I really do. Jaybar and I did 9 miles of hill work on Sunday to get him ready for the Green Mountain Relay this weekend. After Manchester NH and Providence RI, I just don't want to see any hills on my next marathon course. I'm running the flat and fast Baystate Marathon on October 19th. As a bonus, I know some of the Greater Lowell Roadrunners who will be working the course so I'll have a few friendly faces along the way. And trentman359 has promised to be ready for the half, he's gonna join me for the first 20K. Every Tuesday night when I'm running the Good Times 5K I smile and dig in a bit as I run past the 40K marker.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

I like hills, I really do. Jaybar and I did 9 miles of hill work on Sunday to get him ready for the Green Mountain Relay this weekend. After Manchester NH and Providence RI, I just don't want to see any hills on my next marathon course. I'm running the flat and fast Baystate Marathon on October 19th. As a bonus, I know some of the Greater Lowell Roadrunners who will be working the course so I'll have a few friendly faces along the way. And trentman359 has promised to be ready for the half, he's gonna join me for the first 20K. Every Tuesday night when I'm running the Good Times 5K I smile and dig in a bit as I run past the 40K marker.
            Hey, I'll be doing the Baystate Marathon as well this year, to cap off the USATF-New England Grand Prix series. I actually have my first 18 miler planned this weekend in preparation. I am hoping that for my last 20 miler (3 weeks, or maybe 2 weeks before the marathon) to head up and run the 20 on the course itself.

Think Whirled Peas

Right on, Ed!!!!! Keep it up!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

I'm such a geek. Tonight's run was supposed to be 4 miles, but I looked at my log and saw that 4.5 miles would bring me to 990. So 4.5 miles it was, now when I raise a beer to toast the Yankee Homecoming 10 miler tomorrow night, I'll also be toasting 1000 miles. I've opened up some distance on that damned furball pace bunny, unless something blows up things are still looking good for 1500.

E.J.