1500 Miles So Go Run

Kind of Sad... (Read 605 times)

GKA

GKA

So glad that you posted.  I was beginning to think that the forum activity ended because I joined (May 4).

In January and February I was generally running 20 mpw.  I joined RA late March and began to add mileage.  I discovered this group in early May, when I was 206 miles behind the bunny and on page 4, somewhere around 104 position.  I followed very closely (stalking perhaps?) Kessler93 and Hoshiko, and am thrilled to say that we have all made it to page 3.  I am now about 70 miles behind the bunny.  I love the idea that there are about 10 of us hovering between 580 and 600 miles.  You know who you are, and you are motivating me to get out and run.

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai
    Gig

In my mind I envision you just out there running for hours on end...

Hmm. Have you ever noticed that you never see Ennay and the pace bunny in the same place at the same time. Makes you wonder.

I've been behind most of the year, but my current 45 miles back is as far away from the pb all year. My mileage has been slipping at the same time as my eating habits have regressed. Tuesday I had to stay home from work with a nasty sinus headache like I haven't had since 30 pounds ago. I got on the scale the next morning, and sure enough, I've put on ten pounds in the past month or so. That was a good wake up call for me. I don't necessarily equate more miles alone with weight loss, but paying attention to my health--diet, weights, karate, and runing, (and shunning soda)--will do the trick. Look out, pb. I'm motivated again.

GKA, thanks for the list of folks I need to hold off. Catch me if you can! (You can.)

I Can Go The Distance

I am ahead of that hare from hell at both 1500 and 2000 miles. I have done more racing this year and that has kept me more consistant in my running. That and the race to the death I am having with CarmelRunner! Everytime I check the board he is either a few miles ahead or behind me. Carmel, have you noticed we are the two oldest runners at the top of the 1500 mile board? However, runnin-at-sixty is hot on our trail.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

C-R

That and the race to the death I am having with CarmelRunner! Everytime I check the board he is either a few miles ahead or behind me. Carmel, have you noticed we are the two oldest runners at the top of the 1500 mile board? However, runnin-at-sixty is hot on our trail.

Heh. I noticed this too. Almost like watching a mirror image. I notice many of your runs are 6 miles like mine. That's all I can get into an hour lunch run and still be back at the cube farm. All we need is 60 to jion us and we can really have a good race to the finish.

Maybe us seasoned buys can inspire some of the others on the board to step up the pace and trample the bunny.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

AnneCA

In my mind I envision you just out there running for hours on end and catching me in one day

I was feeling quite pleased to be keeping up with Ennay earlier this year.  Then I realized that it was because she was injured.  Now?  Fuhgeddaboutit.

runlouierun

Oooh an active thread!  

I've managed to keep well ahead of the bunny so far this year - the second half may see me fall back a little but then again I'm into a good routine now so hopefully I can stay motivated!!

Prophet!

what bunny ?
                celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I was just ahead of the bunny until marathon taper/recovery (not physical, I mentally took 3 weeks off after running the race and it impacted my mileage).

To rectify, I started streaking and am playing with doubles. My goal is to get to 40mpw+ consistently by end of june, hold at 40mpw+ in July, go to 50MPW+ in august and peak in the 60's in September before beginning to taper for my Oct. Marathon.

When I succeed, The bunny will die. I think I'll just miss killing the 2000 mile bunny by the end of the year, but that's a huge improvement over my 300 miles in 2007 and my 960ish in 2008.

MTA-- I've been off all the forums most of the week. Work is crazy, so I only have time to either run or post. I've chosen to run.

Chris
                  PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

anneb

Hey, a real thread! 1500 was my stretch goal at the beginning of the year but I am currently ahead of both this bunny and the 2000 mile bunny.  I have been on vaca the last week but I am back now and ready to get back to some more normal mileage - mid to upper 40's sounds good starting next week, maybe more since I am running my first half marathon in August and I guess I will have to run a few 14's between now and then!

By the end of next week I should pass the 1000 mile mark for the year, and last year I didn't even run that in the ENTIRE year.

Anne

sluggo

John

I am so far behind, 150+ mi, I think.

I had a poor late winter, early spring and I suspect that I will not catch up this year - 40 mi/wk is not in my schedule and I am not sure I am fit enough to do it even if I had the time.

I'll keep plugging though. If the bunny slows down, I'll get him.

John
                      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

GKA

GKA

I have you in my sights now.  You better get out there this weekend dude!  As veggies, we may not indulge in the "kill the bunny" smack talk, we can certainly chase after it!

Look out, pb. I'm motivated again.

GKA, thanks for the list of folks I need to hold off. Catch me if you can! (You can.)

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

Nice, an active thread!

So glad that you posted.  I was beginning to think that the forum activity ended because I joined (May 4).

In January and February I was generally running 20 mpw.  I joined RA late March and began to add mileage.  I discovered this group in early May, when I was 206 miles behind the bunny and on page 4, somewhere around 104 position.  I followed very closely (stalking perhaps?) Kessler93 and Hoshiko, and am thrilled to say that we have all made it to page 3.  I am now about 70 miles behind the bunny.  I love the idea that there are about 10 of us hovering between 580 and 600 miles.  You know who you are, and you are motivating me to get out and run.

Ah, that's cool, I've been stalking you guys too. You've been killing it these past few months. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one keeping track. Making it to page 3 was tough. There was some pretty intense competition there for a bit, and I agree that its very motivating. I log my runs and then go straight to the chart to see where I am in relation to the bunny, and I know that if I miss a run there are a good 8-10 people who didn't and are that much closer to catching it.

I fell behind earlier in the year due to rookie training mistakes and a couple of injuries, and then took another step back by switching up my training plan to a lower mileage one. I basically cut out all long runs in favor of more running days (hoping to build up), but that killed my weekly mileage totals and I've switched back now that I'm training for a marathon. I WILL catch up to the bunny and pass it before the year is up.

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg