1500 Miles So Go Run

750 (Read 354 times)

So... today is the day that the Bunny (or "El conejo del paso" as we say in north Texas) sits at 750.. though only momentary, as we all know she doesn't really stop... ever.... dammit!

In total awe of those who are over the 1500 mark or at least hundreds of miles ahead right now but what about those, like me, who are in a constant daily battle with the furry little *&^*er!? How's your year going?

I started off the year gaining a big (for me!) lead in Jan/Feb but as work, reality and the need of consistency started to bite I found myself slipping and, at the halfway point am about 4 miles behind el conejo.

I've got a marathon with associated training towards the end of the year so I am still hoping to get there but with only 903 miles in the bank for 2009 I'm not sure if I really realized how big a step up this was.

Hang in there fellow bunny chasers....

2017 Goals
    1) Run more than 231 miles
    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

#artbydmcbride

Keep nibbling away at that fuzzy bunny tail....you can do it!    Smile

Runners run

Matt the secret to chasing down the bunny and staying ahead of it is to run most every day, just like El Conejo does.  Even a mile or 2 on a day you wouldn't normally run helps with the recovery and padding mileage.
        Carl A

One of my whispered curses:

Conejo malvado.

Matt - you've had 100+ mile months for a while now. In my book, you're ready to take on that marathon training!

As for me, although I haven't reached the highs of Feb and March of '09, my year is going great. I've been more consistent month-to-month, and I'm actually slightly ahead in mileage.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Dang Carl,

Lotsa "short" runs and then a big ol' 50 miler right in the there???

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I noticed that as well in Carl's log....lots of nothing.....then a humungous 50 miler!!!!

It is giving us pedestrianists a good name.

Jerry
              A runners blog-updated daily

Carl A

Luckily, this body puts up with it OK. If I had different priorities I could probably do better in races, but maybe not.

The good of the family must come before my ambitions, so I run when I can: coffee breaks, lunch breaks, those few weekends when I know it'll be OK for me to be sleepy all day on Sunday after running long.

I like that word pedestrianist - a run, in my mind, often is going out for a walk but covering more ground (usually).

Thanks, Jerry and Cassie; you guys are great motivators. You both keep up the good fight, also!

Carl,

I just wish I could log shorter runs and then go out and do a 50 miler.  I'm fairly certain that my body wouldn't/couldn't put up with it.

I think it is admirable that your family is your top priority and that you still manage to get in some running.  Selfless folks make the world a better place.  

Carl A

Thanks again, Cassie. How's your running going; do you have any ultras planned?

I'm thinking that if things go well the rest of the summer I'll take another try at the Delaware 100 in September.

Carl,

I have a 50 mile planned in September in Michigan and a couple of marathons in October.  I've pretty much decided that 50 is the longest I plan on going at one time.

100 miles is a long way.  Good luck in Delaware!  

I have double marathon (52.4 miles) on 18th July  and then an 87 mile trail run in August 2010 both in England. I have also just enterted a 44 mile mountain marathon in November in Wales.....I am ssoooo looking forward to the latter one.

Carl in regards to pedestrianism, I had never heard of the word until a few days ago and is an old, if not original, word for ultradistance running and walking

Jerry
                        A runners blog-updated daily

Carl A

Those sound like some great events coming up. It would be really funny if, next year, the three of us tried to reach 1500 by logging only 30 total runs or something. It would probably destroy me, though.

I also remember hearing about pedestrian races. In like the 1800s I think, people used to gamble on how many laps around a track walkers would be able to do. I like the word's recreational connotation, as well.