1500 Miles So Go Run

2012 Goals! (and January too) (Read 703 times)

Let's hear your yearly goals and your goals for this month!  Happy New Year!!!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Jill_B

I fly.

2200 for the year.

I think I want 200 for the month, but I might have to settle on 175.  My legs are tired.  I'm sick.  I skipped 3 days of running.  I give up.  January is already going down the toilet.

Bring it on.

I'm in a streak, and would like it to continue through the month.  No huge milage goals since we are in the middle of moving our house. Want to keep on pace for 1600 miles for the year.

I am planning on running Flying Pig in May with my daughter for her first marathon.  I want to get through the training injury-free.

Carry on!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jeffdonahue

Yearly goals:

• Have fun!!!
          • Get back into some sort of shape other than running - upper body fitness
          • no mileage goals this year, just get out and run whenever I can
          • Stick to my training plans for whatever races I decide to do
          • PR in at least 2 distances (first is the 10 miler in March, after that either the marathon or 5K)
          • BE MORE POSITIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING - Negativity seemed to be on a rampage in my life in 2011, so this year I'm trying to stay upbeat
          • Have fun!!!

January goals:

• Mileage:  No idea
          • Stick to my Master Run Coach plan in training for my 10 miler - plan is to not miss any of the workouts
          • 4 weeks of 20 pull up challenge
          • 4 weeks of 100 push up challenge
          anneb

I am jumping in here, hoping to run 1500 miles this year although I haven't done so for a couple of years now. Smile

I'm not sure that I'll stay ahead of the bunny for the first few months, but I'm not going to let that stop me! (One of my goals is not to obsess on mileage.) This is my first winter running with no treadmill access, so my main goals are to stay consistent through January/February, and to hopefully get out there at least 4 times a week.

This morning I ran before work, when it was 14 (and dark) so I'm off to a good start.

Anne

I have no idea what my yearly mileage goal is--last year, thought it was 1,000, ended up hitting 1,500.  I'm just going to run and see where I go.  Tentatively, I should hit 2,000+ miles pretty easily unless I get hurt (*fingers crossed*). 

I plan to run every day that I feel all right to run, which I've been doing for a while (60 days and counting), which might turn into a running streak.  My marathon training plan has no rest days.

I'm looking to take 20+ minutes off my marathon PR this spring (I've only been running <8 months--ran my first marathon in November, so natural progress might do it).  In a perfect world, I will attempt to BQ next November.  First goal marathon is the Flying Pig.  Doing the ORRRC marathon as a training/tune-up.  Not sure what one I'll do in November yet.

I'm planning on running my first ultras this year--two 50ks, one 50 miler.

2012 looks to be a great year!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

Marylander

For the year I would like to stretch my streak out (currently at 6 months straight) and not miss any days (doing at least 1 mile per day) and break 1500 miles again. Starting in mid-February, once my daughter's finished with indoor track, we're going to get going on the master run coach program to prepare her for some college running. I'd also like to get some lower body strength back and have cut back the running a bunch lately to facilitate that. I hope to get to a decently maintainable level by mid-Feb.

For january the goal each week is just to get a 9-10 miler, a couple faster workouts, and fill in the rest of the days with easy running. The 20 pullup challenge sounds like fun too. I'll start that tomorrow. I haven't had much motivation for stuff like that lately...

Beware, batbear...

I am trying to stay well so I'm not going to try to streak at all for another month or two.  My goals for January are to hit 20+ miles each week with a couple of 9 milers in there.

1.  2012 -- 1500+ miles.

2.  Streak starting in March or April if I'm healed.

3.  100 Push up challenge to get some upper body strength back.

4.  Get weight under 180 by the end of the summer.  

5.  1 or fewer alcoholic drinks 4+ nights per week every week.

6.  Concentrate on 5K distance and September HM.

7.  Have fun!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

I am trying to stay well so I'm not going to try to streak at all for another month or two.  My goals for January are to hit 20+ miles each week with a couple of 9 milers in there.

1.  2012 -- 1500+ miles.

2.  Streak starting in March or April if I'm healed.

3.  100 Push up challenge to get some upper body strength back.

4.  Get weight under 180 by the end of the summer.  

5.  1 or fewer alcoholic drinks 4+ nights per week every week.

6.  Concentrate on 5K distance and September HM.

7.  Have fun!

Love #5!!!! I have th same problem! Smile

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

I have a short list to take me to June:

Winter Tanners - 15th January 2012

A challenge run of circa 30miles on Surrey footpaths and bridleways with minimal support in weather conditions which may be adverse, so only strong walkers (runners) should take part.

Moonlight Challenge - 4th February 2012

A circuit challenge with each lap being 6.55 miles, the challenge is to complete 32.75 miles (5 laps) but runners can drop out at any stage

Thames Path Ultra - 3rd March 2012

The 100 mile course is a point to point race which takes runners from Richmond in South West London to the centre of Oxford. The course follows the meandering route of the Thames against it's flow and does not deviate from the marked path at any time.

Grand Union Canal Run - 2nd June 2012

The Grand Union Canal Race (GUCR) is run from the centre of Birmingham to the centre of London along the Grand Union Canal. Competitors are required to complete the 145 mile distance within the time limit of 45 hours. 

These will be my goals

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily

Jerry - You are officially crazy. In a good sorta way. Big grin

Non-running goals for 2012

1. Find the joy in every moment and focus on God

2. Finish PhD coursework and head toward dissertation

3. Continue to not eat anything with concentrated sugar (been 3 months already)

4. Travel

5. Put some effort into arms and core

Running goals for 2012

1. Over 2000 miles barring any injuries

2. Feb = 26.2 for ultra training, Mar = 50K, May = 50 miles, Oct = 26.2, November = Monkey

3. More miles at a faster pace

4. More hills

January - Build distance for the training marathon in Feb. Smile

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Winter Tanners - 15th January 2012

A challenge run of circa 30miles on Surrey footpaths and bridleways with minimal support in weather conditions which may be adverse, so only strong walkers (runners) should take part.

Challenge One complete, I feel pretty good the day after with a little niggle in my calf but will be fine in a day or two

Race Report

Jerry
                          A runners blog-updated daily

I really haven't made any 2012 goals yet, or January goals for that matter (little late on that one anyway)...

...but really I'm just posting this to put one more thread at the top above LedLincoln's I am sad thread. Smile 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Smile

Jill_B

I fly.

2200 for the year.

I think I want 200 for the month, but I might have to settle on 175.  My legs are tired.  I'm sick.  I skipped 3 days of running.  I give up.  January is already going down the toilet.

1 month down. 201 miles done. Bring on February.

Bring it on.