1500 Miles So Go Run

so how are we all doing after nearly 3 months ( or 25% of the way ) (Read 553 times)

jules2

I've fallen badly behind due to injury but have just run the last seven straight days and managed to reach the bottom of page 3 some 57 miles behind. I'm optimistic I can claw it back but its difficult when I'm trying to slot cycling in as well and rest a bit before events. Hows everybody else doing, any tales of triumph or despair?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

The bunny and I are duking it out. I passed it earlier this morning, but it will pass me again tonight and tomorrow. Cry

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Oh Mighty Wing

The bunny and I are duking it out. I passed it earlier this morning, but it will pass me again tonight and tomorrow. Cry
        no Cry you can do it!!! and Jules I'm glad you are back at it!
          Paaahh to the Pace Bunny.......her weakness is she only runs at one pace and doesn't vary. Us humans are able to rest, recover and improve our pace. Never look at PB and say she is passing you from one day to the next, think of it as a week at a time. She runs at 4.11 miles per day and as long as you average out >28.76 per week you will catch her. I am rocking at the moment just completed a 32 mile trail/hill race on Sunday and just having a couple of days off running to get the bruises out of my feet and let my tendons recover.

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I am rocking at the moment just completed a 32 mile trail/hill race on Sunday and just having a couple of days off running to get the bruises out of my feet and let my tendons recover.
            Congratulations on the trail race!!

Chris
            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG, Jerry! Hope your recovery goes well. I'm ahead of the bunny...I hope it stays that way. 2 marathons in one year should help. I'm not really taking much in the way of easy mileage until Nov.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks guys, you can have a read of the race report on my blog here Sevenoaks Circuit I didn't treat it like a race but more as an adventure to get some proper experience in preparation for 11th April when I go onto 40 miles....now that is a worry but there will be no map reading as it will be way marked.

Jerry

Jill_B

I fly.

I was doing great until I got struck down by this cold! Grrr! But I'm still ahead of the bunny. Hopefully I'll be feeling strong in no time and be tearing up the track!

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Well, I got a huge head start at the beginning of the year - leaving the bunny in my dust. Now I am semi-injured with some nagging ankle and shin pains so I have cut way back the last few weeks and he made a bit of a come back. I am just hoping I can heal up before he catches all the way back up with me.
                    wanderingoutlaw

I've already been lapped, but there's still plenty of time to catch back up if I can find my running mojo

John

#artbydmcbride

Nice racing, Jerry! Smile

Runners run

C-R

SUCK IT BUNNY! In the rear view and not looking back. Keep at it people and trample that furry beast on the way past it. Jerry - that's some suhweet distance racing. One day perhaps as a couple of ultra guys keep inviting me. I need a few more base years.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks Tongue It sounds awful but we did stop at one check point at about mile 16 and we got offered a cup of sweet tea. I was going through a bit of a dark patch at that point in the race and we decided to just stop for 5 minutes and drink the tea, get our heads together and then move off. It was amazing what that break did as it really got me to pull myself together and move on at run pace again. Something I am beginning to learn now as we move away from the run of the mill club races. That 5 minutes will have saved us probably 30 minutes on the trail. I only started training for ultras back in July 2008 and have done 3 since then as we build up to 40 miles on 11th April... Ultra is about the mind as well as your body

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ultra is about the mind as well as your body
                              This is true. In fact they are probably more about the mind than the body. At least that is what I'm telling myself as I now face a 12hr ultra with plantar fasciitis. Sad

You have got to be careful with that Tom, I honestly think you should take a few days break and get the cold bottle of wine from the fridge to roll your foot over...

Jerry