1500 Miles So Go Run

July 5 - July 11 Racing (Read 394 times)

Name Distance
    Race/event
     Location Goal
    Result
     KellyDodge  1 mile
     Western States Masters Invitational  Davis, Ca.  5:15  5:09.62
     MandyS  5 km
     North Island Xc Championships  NZ  23:30  22.22
     therunner  12 mile
     Around a Lake
     The World
     --:--  1:12:47

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Hopper.

Hopper

I had a race on the 5th. Does this count?
        Of course it does ......what did you do and what were times

Jerry

Hopper.

Hopper

I ran a local 12 miler around a lake. Nice weather as the temps were in the lower 70s when I finished and there was a slight breeze. Finished with a 1:12:47. Really happy with the race!
            Well done Matt, that is one cracking pace

Jerry

I had a good race at the North Island XC. I finished 13th in masters women and 4th in my age group. 22.22 so it was much faster than I expected :-)
                I had a good race at the North Island XC. I finished 13th in masters women and 4th in my age group. 22.22 so it was much faster than I expected :-)

Nice one Mandy and you seem to be getting closer to your PB, was it a hilly course?

Jerry

Very hilly! And with jumps to go over too. I'm really hoping to get my 5k road time down close to 21 mins next time I get a flat one to try. Still this was a very good result for me - I did around 24.30 on this course 2 years ago

Just a dude.

Hrmmm...

Race went mostly well... finished in 5:09.62...

But I blew my hammy again with about 70 meters to go...

Got about 8th overall and 2AG...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Nice work Kelly - sorry to hear abut the hamstring though.  Old injury?

Just a dude.

No... about a month ago I was doing strides barefoot and tweaked it.

I rested over a week, raced a 5k, retweaked it...

I rested roughly another week, started running gently on it... and thought it was doing pretty well... I was about to the point I could forget about it on runs...

I was fine in the race till I went for the big sprint at the end... It felt just like the first time I did it.

I probably just need to rest it more... I guess I should just rest a week, ignore any more races for like a month or 3, and just run easy for a while...

I dunno...

-Kelly

xhristopher

I just saw this thread and will be happy to put out my crazy goals for everyone to see. I'm just coming off my first 200 mile month and had two surprising results this week. Clearly the miles are paying off.

I love the heat so I went out in our "heat wave" for a small 2.5 mile hilly trail race (Lynn Woods Cross Country Series) and won it (first time I won anything) with a 6:35 pace and then ran the Take the Lake 5K (Wakefield, MA) with my 8 year old son wedged in our old beat up jogging stroller. This was our third time doing this together. Last year we ran it in 25:23 and this year we ran it in 20:33 finishing 34th out of over 900 starting slowly and having a conversation most of the way. I thought a 6:59 pace was lofty but managed 6:37 pushing over 90 lbs the whole way. Next up is Friends of Reading Recreation 5K (Reading, MA) in a week and a half. I haven't worked out my goal but I'm going to make it a reach. I'll probably fail but will probably be happy with the result regardless.

xhristopher

Kelly, When your hammy is better ... when's your next scheduled 5K? If I were you I'd be curious what I'd run on an accurate course.

Just a dude.

Kelly, When your hammy is better ... when's your next scheduled 5K? If I were you I'd be curious what I'd run on an accurate course.

I don't have any 5ks planned...

I have a 1500 in 2 weeks planned and paid for, but I am thinking I will miss it...

There are a couple cross country meets that the local university puts on... I think the first one is the end of August, and it's a 6k.  

I dunno... I'm pretty discouraged right now with the whole hamstring issue.  I think I might just shut the racing down and start building base for next summer... <sigh> 

-Kelly

xhristopher

I dunno... I'm pretty discouraged right now with the whole hamstring issue.  I think I might just shut the racing down and start building base for next summer... <sigh> 

Don't get too discouraged. This summer is only three weeks old and the next is still 49 weeks away. How about trying something longer in the fall when it heels? Something that won't rip apart your transmission.