1500 Miles So Go Run

Sticking to one mileage goal group (Read 401 times)

We miss you in The Swamp.
    I just saw this, thank you. Blush I actually rejoined the group this afternoon because I wanted to say congratulations to Candice (and JK), I was thrilled to see her BQ and I had to say something! Part of the reason why I sometimes leave the swamp is because it's the most active group and when I'm at work I'm way too easily distracted and simply must check every time I see there's a new post there. So when work is hectic I back out of that group, since I lack self-discipline and can't do the obvious smart thing and just not log on. Roll eyes Plus, I think I'm out of my running slump and I don't feel so guilty for being there. BUT, that could change. I'm a very moody person. Big grin

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Plus, I think I'm out of my running slump and I don't feel so guilty for being there.
      Since when has the swamp been about running? Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Since when has the swamp been about running? Tongue
        Hey, I'm moody, I make it be what best fits me for that day. Big grin

Michelle

JakeKnight

Butting in where I don't belong (and leaving this group as soon as I hit enter) - but has anybody asked Eric to set it up so you can join a mileage group but NOT appear in the YTD mileage chart? Just a thought. I personally think it sucks hard core that there are people ahead of me in the 2000 swamp that are in the 1243 mile group. It seems pretty common sensical that if you're going to hit the goal in April or May, you probably aren't in the right place. And everybody's welcome in the swamp - if you wanna run 5000 miles, come show off. Then again, maybe those folks are just being social. I lurk the other groups now and then, but don't stay because I want to stay off the charts. It would be nice to be able to hang out if you wished without annoying everybody. I mean, more than usual. Butting out now. Carry on.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

yeh i can see the issue with appearing on multiple groups, i myself was in three when i started on RA as i wasn't sure how the commitment was going to hold up. As it was i was in the 1000m, 1243m and 1500m groups, i'm now in just the 1243 as that is my aim goal for the year and this one as i'm tracking close to beating this bunny. it is frustrating to see people so far ahead of the bunny in a group, but at the same time i figure they have a lot of knowledge to share so may want to give advice to those on the way up Hank

Just running for the fun of it!