1500 Miles So Go Run

Welcome New Peeps! (Read 1699 times)

Welcome back, Dave! Glad to hear the injury is on the mend. Russ - I'm not that hardcore. I'm just doing the 6 hour event. I'll leave the longer stuff for people like jlynnbob (he did the 48 hour event last year). Katie - Thanks and here's a link to Ultracentric. It's the national championship for the 24 hour event. The top runners here will represent the US at the world championship next year. I think it will be pretty cool to be running with some elite ultra runners. Since it's a 2 mile loop course - they will have the chance to lap me on more than one occasion Big grin My goal is to do 50k or more during the time limit. We'll see what happens.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Hi All! Another 1000 mile graduate here. I have no chance, but I came to hang out until next year.

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

New runner from CR getting ready for 2008. I've just started reaching to 20-25 mile per week mark so I felt that the 1500 club will be a nice goal. NO INJURIES. NO INJURIES. NO INJURIES.

King of Sparta

I've just arrived on the lifeboats from the USS Cool Running - my major shock was seeing on the main page of my new RA log that I've run over 10,000km in the last 6 years. I really should get out more.... Still, looking forard to bunny eating my dust next year, with a bit of luck.
          2008 Goals:
          - Sub 1:00 10 mile
          - Sub 3:00 marathon
            Welcome to Steve, Mike, and David! For those new to RA, you don't have to do anything but run. Eric's cool software will reset the bunny at the New Year and we will all be set for a new race to stay ahead of the bunny.

hi - i'm making the jump over to the 1500 club for 2008.

Think Whirled Peas

I barely made it over the 1000 km mark this year, but plan on making 30 mpw the minimum goal for all of 2008. I'm really starting to figure out just how much fun this running gig can be!!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Sweet - welcome to Mandy and Mike also.

#artbydmcbride

I'm new here, and I would like to sign up for this group for 2008. Smile

Runners run

Welcome to the club Ileneforward. You are already signed up as soon as you joined the group. When January 1st rolls around - Eric's software will start using everyone's 2008 YTD totals and reset the pace bunny to zero. Oh yeah - new folks - I typically grant admin access to everyone in the group. Feel free to make sticky posts of things you feel relevant to the group or edit the home page if you want. Eric has added the ability for admins to censor topics too, but we mostly use it for fun and games instead of censoring. If you see something offensive - feel free to censor it though.

pfriese

Hello, Recently joined RA. I did manage >1500 miles in 2007. Definitely would like to repeat and maybe even break into the 2000 club. Paul
                          Hi, from Atlanta. I'm not starting my log until Jan 1 when I start off with the annual Resolution run (5k or 10k) sponsored by the Atlanta Track Club. I think it starts at 12:20pm this year. And then it's just a matter of staying focused. I always go over 1,000 miles each year, but I tend to stop in December for some reason.
                          USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

#artbydmcbride

Why is that 770? Its not like the weather gets tough in Georgia! Wink 2008 will be your year to hit 1500 miles.

Runners run

Hi Ilene, nice seeing you. We usually can't complain about the weather here except in the summer. But temps will be in the low 20's tomorrow morning. I'm not even sure I have a pair of long running pants to run in. Cool
                              USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Dave

I'll make a run at it (pun intended). I'll need to double my mileage from last year so it is a bit of a stretch goal but you have to have something to shoot at. Off to blazing start with a goose egg today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com