1500 Miles So Go Run

Welcome New Peeps! (Read 1699 times)

I just checked last year's log, I wound up at 708 miles. I was pretty well ahead of the 1000 mile bunny, so I've decided to tempt fate and set a stretch goal of 1500 miles. Hopefully it's not a jinx, I'm afraid I'll hear muscles and tendons and such snapping and popping soon. At the moment the wretched rodent is in my rear view mirror, but not far back. Hopefully I can find some way to keep it there. I haven't registered yet, but I'm training toward the inaugural Providence Marathon on 5/4 and hoping to move my time of 3:47 a little closer to the BQ (for 45 male) of 3:30. I'm hoping to have a legitimate shot to squeak out a BQ at the BayState Marathon in Lowell MA in October. A guy's gotta dream, right?

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Prophet!

hey Ed, Howz dem Loco shoes ?
        hey Ed, Howz dem Loco shoes ?
        Sigh. I had a customer service issue with Loco, which is kinda unusual for a small company. I decided to go back to New Balance, and I like the 881 trainers I bought. I decided I need a second pair on hand, and tried the NB 661. After 10 miles in them, I think I actually did some damage to my right foot, they just are NOT a good shoe for me. I never had a problem with the Loco Carumba, I guess I figured that would be easy to find in another brand. I might go back to Loco, although I would rather not at this point. Who knew shoes could be so important/traumatic/dramatic ?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I haven't registered yet, but I'm training toward the inaugural Providence Marathon on 5/4 and hoping to move my time of 3:47 a little closer to the BQ (for 45 male) of 3:30.
          I'll be there.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'll be there.
            So far so good on my preparation, I believe the next fee bump is on April Fool's Day (how appropriate) so that's when I plan to go all in. Hope I get a chance to say hello, before you disappear over the horizon never to be seen (by this plodder) again. Smile

E.J.

Welcome to all the new peeps! Glad to have you here with us trying to catch or stay ahead of a silly rabbit. As members you have been granted Administrative powers. Say it with me: "oooooh, ahhhhh". When you have passed three rabbits we will mail you your secret decoder ring. And hello to the old peeps. I've been on hiatus for awhile. Just got back on the running wagon. Hope everyone is doing well and is working hard on passing rabbits.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Burninated Peasant

Bonkin, great to have you back! I'm jealous - you lay off for weeks at a time, and jump back in with an 8 miler. When I'm out of shape (like now), I'm happy to get in 4.
                  Bonkin, great to have you back! I'm jealous - you lay off for weeks at a time, and jump back in with an 8 miler. When I'm out of shape (like now), I'm happy to get in 4.
                  Thanks, Michael. Great seeing you (and Modal) again last weekend. How is the knee doing? I've been surprised at both the Zoo Run and last night at actually finishing the run with all the smoking and no running. My HR has been relatively high these last 2-3 runs. Hopefully, now that I've put down the smokes, I'll be back in the groove again in a couple weeks.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Just jumping over here from the 1000 mile club. Hope I can continue to keep up. Or at least catch up. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Hey i'm new. I'm just joining all of the so many miles this year groups. This is just to see where I rank against people in the 800m, 1000km, 1000m, 1000m run and 1000m bike, and also the 1500m. I am training for Cross Country my Freshman year and get 2 or 3 mile runs in a couple times a week. Logan

PR's
                      800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi all - I jumped over here from 2000 km just to keep myself challenged and honest, particularly with triple-digit temps already here Angry Arla

Ex runner

A Saucy Wench

welcome!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jfa

Welcome to the club Arla !! Best of luck to ya!!! Cool

with triple-digit temps already here Angry Arla
                              OK, I'm not allowed to complain about last week's humidity. Best of luck to you, give the bunny a kick for me when you go by. Big grin

E.J.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hi folks. Thoroughly bored with the swamp.... need another home. You look like a nice bunch of people. Purdey.