1500 Miles So Go Run

Welcome New Peeps! (Read 1699 times)

No way I'll get 1500 this year, but you people seem like nice folks to hang out with.  My goal for the rest of this year is to get my weekly mileage at a comfortable 25-30 and be ready to beat the bunny in 2011.

Don't worry Jennifer all is not lost, if my calculations are correct you only have to run 46.9 miles per day for the rest of the year....get going girl Clown

Seriously, good target miles which will get you through the winter ready for next year.

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Big grin

Don't worry Jennifer all is not lost, if my calculations are correct you only have to run 46.9 miles per day for the rest of the year....get going girl Clown

Seriously, good target miles which will get you through the winter ready for next year.

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Just joined you nice folks.  Thanks for  having me!  Looks like I can feel the bunny's breath on my neck.  I better get moving!

Welcome, Rozzie!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Joining up.  I was in the 1000 mile group in 2010, but now going for the gusto.  Where do I sign?

The bunny has the paperwork.  Big grin

Just joined up today and hope to catch up to the pace in the next few weeks as I continue to ramp up mileage over the long MN winter.  

Welcome, it seems like your mileage is cranking up nicely so the Pink Bastard Pace Bunny has got a few people thundering down on her pretty little tail at the moment...bring it on.

Jerry
                  A runners blog-updated daily

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just joined up today and hope to catch up to the pace in the next few weeks as I continue to ramp up mileage over the long MN winter.  

Living up there is a handicap, as my daughter can attest.

I was really lucky that I was able to join a great (and cheap) fitness facility on part of the Mayo campus with a nice indoor track and treadmills.  I loved running in the cold/snow until we had the 16 in+ blizzard in December and it took forever to clear the roads/sidewalks/trails.  I plan on transitioning back to outdoor running in the next few weeks.  

Thanks for welcoming me to the group!   

So, I started running this year, and I had no idea I'd be capable of getting 1,500 miles this year--but I crossed that line today!

I ran my first marathon this year, and I'm planning my second (and third, fourth, and maybe fifth) and a couple ultras in 2012!  Hello to everyone, and I hope you've all had a great year.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow, that is excellent timing, Ryan. Congrats!

Hey Ryan Smile

Here's a dumb question: Sad  I just joined this group and I do not know how to turn my name blue i.e. so you can click on it.  Most names are blue but mine is black.  I mean, not that anyone will want to be clicking on my name or anything, but I would like to join the club of blue names!  Can anyone tell me?  Thanks!

malr

I believe you have to go to Options then My Profile. Make sure public or allow others to see me is checked. Then you'll join the ranks of the blue!