1500 Miles So Go Run

Coming down to the wire... (Read 139 times)

I recently just finished my 'reverse taper' from my first marathon, but while doing that the little rascally bunny passed me by. I've started a new training plan to prepare for my next marathon in late March. As it now stands, the plan would have me fall about 4 miles short of 1500 miles! But it also has me resting on Dec 31. So of course, number 1, I've got to stick with my plan - I can't afford to miss any days! And number 2, I've got to run Dec 31!! (or of course, I could just do the sane thing and add in a 2 or 3 extra miles per week between now and then; but how boring is that?). This is definitely going to come down-to-the wire. Anyone else coming down to the wire? Congrats to all who have already passed the mark, or will shortly - great work!

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm only 8 miles ahead of the rodent. 26.2 more on Sunday should put me ahead for good Tongue

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

What are you running this Sunday?

Imminent Catastrophe

Jacksonville. I've heard good things about it, and I have other reasons too that I'll post after the race. I still don't know how to approach it, as a long run with support, or go for it and try for a fast time. My running lately has been...uh, sporadic and random, to say the least. Also I'm dealing with a problem in my foot which will be a factor. MTA: I think an "upcoming races" board would be cool. I'll post a note to Eric.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Sounds like with your foot, and 'sporadic' training, treating it as a long run with support might be the way to go...looking forward to your report!