1500 Miles So Go Run

Check this out (Read 341 times)

jeffdonahue

The bunny would never catch this girl - in fact, had they been in a race I am sure the pace bunny would have already given up and be napping by the side of the road. I posted this in the general forums as well but thought it kind of belonged here too. Check out this article. http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/608106477/m/8691041244 this girl (sorry... woman) ran 214 miles in one week. She was putting in more miles per day than I run in a week. It is pretty crazy and I am sure that my legs would rebel halfway through day one if I ever tried this.

All business

Hell of an accomplishment. Yet the most amazing thing on this page remains the avatar down the page:

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

The bunny would never catch this girl - in fact, had they been in a race I am sure the pace bunny would have already given up and be napping by the side of the road. I posted this in the general forums as well but thought it kind of belonged here too. Check out this article. http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/608106477/m/8691041244 this girl (sorry... woman) ran 214 miles in one week. She was putting in more miles per day than I run in a week. It is pretty crazy and I am sure that my legs would rebel halfway through day one if I ever tried this.
        Dude. Duuuuude.
        2009: BQ?

Forever Learning

That is Jenny - our local hero on the RW Beginner's Forum. A hero not just because of her running but taking on Cancer (Hodgkins) and beating it!

It's been my experience that some cancer survivors can seem to do some amazing things that it might not even occur to the rest of us to do. Everybody knows Lance Armstrong and what he's done since kicking cancer. Then you have somebody like Jenny that is still having problems (her lungs prevent her from running fast) but still able to accomplish something amazing. I have a friend who kicked cancer 5 or 6 years ago who decided to run a marathon afterwards because it was one of those things he'd always thought of doing but never did. Then he ran another one. Last Summer he ran a 100 miler. He had one of those Live Strong bracelets that he finally took off a couple months ago that he hadn't removed since he was cancer free. It was in pretty bad shape.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Once you've been to the brink and stared into the abyss I think that there is likely a moment of clarity and suddenly the seemingly impossible is viewed as infinitely achieveable.

Go Pre!

Absolutely incredible. And w/o injury. Geez when I get it up over 50 a week I am flirting with disaster! I hope her efforts raised some god coin. D

Go Pre!

by the way. I ran over 1 million inches today Shocked (16.5 miles) Smile
                  PWL

Has been

by the way. I ran over 1 million inches today Shocked (16.5 miles) Smile
                    I thought you Canadians were on that crazy metric system or something! Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."