1500 Miles of Hoppy Spring

February Goals (Read 39 times)

Still getting my knee back from injury

• 167 miles (so I dont lose any ground on the 2000 mile yearly goal this month)
    • At least 4 speed sessions by the end of the month in prep for a 10 mile race I have on 3/2
    • Complete the 100 pushup challenge
    • Complete 4 weeks of the 50 pullup challenge (would like to be able to do 15 consecutive)
    • Build up to holding a 5 minute plank
      • Get a solid four weeks in without illness, injury or snow.
      • Catch the bunny; only 1.5 miles behind today which is not bad as I missed a week (see #1).

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

- Do upper body and core at least 3 times a week for the month.  So far, I've never managed to keep it going.

- Finish up training for my 50K and then taper the last few weeks of Feb.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I'll just go with a conservative 200 miles for February.  That would break my personal mileage record for a month that I just set this month.

Might go out on a limb and say I want to break the Fat Boy course record for our 2 mile running club race in Feburary, it's 14:31 and on a good day I think I could do it.  Just not sure I can do it without taking a break from my training plan and I don't plan on doing that.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:48:09; HM 1:43:26; 10K 44:51; 5K 21:27

just a simple cat

Have a good marathon (=means a decent time without aggravating sciatic nerve more than it already is)

lose weight

have fun

up mileage

I'm going steal Ilene's except insert half marathon for the marathon.

Oh, and I love the new kitteh.

Road Runner

Only got one: 150 miles  (want to have a good base before I start to up my miles in March for the Memorial Day Marathon). It is a short month. Hopefully the weather will get better, at least it isn't below zero anymore so it will be a little easier. Boy am I going to love the spring.

"If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."

Alberto Salazar

February Goal:

Complete all 4 of my hill workouts this month (only actually did 2 of 5 in January).

February Stretch Goal:

Break 60:00 at the Jones 10 Miler on 2/24/13...but I'll hold off on making that a goal until after my 15k this weekend.

Linda6897

Linda

150 miles

Last month was great (180), but I had two weeks of for Christmas break.  I'm back to work, now.

2014 Goal:  Just Run!

Over 40 PR's

Half - 1:38:52, 5K - 21:31

Not sure what is happening but it looks like a 200 mile(ish) month with a 45 mile trail race at the end which I am running as a sweeper/safety marshal. Keep  running in Vibram Five Fingers on a weekly basis as part of my training regime.

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily

Hit my February goal of 200+ miles today during a 10.5 mile strength interval set.

That makes February my new PB for miles in a month.  Hopefully it will be as short lived as January's PB, because the plan calls for 250+ miles in March!

Looking at the pace bunny, I'm sure getting a good headstart on making 1,500 for the year with this marathon training cycle right here at the start of the year.

Still getting my knee back from injury

• 167 miles (so I dont lose any ground on the 2000 mile yearly goal this month) - FAILED
                          • At least 4 speed sessions by the end of the month in prep for a 10 mile race I have on 3/2 - Got in 2 - FAILED
                          • Complete the 100 pushup challenge - tested last night - got 85 - Failed, but actually happy with that, still have one week left to go
                          • Complete 4 weeks of the 50 pullup challenge (would like to be able to do 15 consecutive) - DONE!!! I didnt get 15, but didnt actually get to the next test either, but I'm feeling stronger so I'm hopeful that next week when I test I'll get there.
                          • Build up to holding a 5 minute plank - Didnt even try, FAILED

Wow, I dont think I've ever done so badly on my monthly goals before.  It was a rough month with injuries and busy working late every night, but I am pretty disappointed in myself.  Here's hoping for a better March.

But on the up-side, my abodomen and knee are both feeling better.  My 10 mile race is this weekend but I dont expect I'll really be racing it, but I'll finish.  After that I have 8 weeks to train for a 5K at the end of April.

pcaharrier

My goal HM was in February and I had a great race, beyond my best-case scenario even.  Topped my previous best by almost 19 minutes!

2014 goals: 2,000 | 52.5 | Marathon PR | Skip the injuries again

Might go out on a limb and say I want to break the Fat Boy course record for our 2 mile running club race in Feburary, it's 14:31 and on a good day I think I could do it.  Just not sure I can do it without taking a break from my training plan and I don't plan on doing that.

Forgot this part of my goal.  I ended up running a 14:32 on the 2 mile race and missed the fat boy course record by one second.  Worst thing is that I know I left at least a couple seconds out there on the course somewhere.  Oh well, live and learn.

Age: 45 Weight: 208 Height: 6'2" (Goal weight 195)

Road Runner

Only got one: 150 miles  (want to have a good base before I start to up my miles in March for the Memorial Day Marathon). It is a short month. Hopefully the weather will get better, at least it isn't below zero anymore so it will be a little easier. Boy am I going to love the spring.

Well made 150 miles - 155 miles. Was a tough month because of the weather. Spring is coming some time though.  The northeast is rough.

"If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."

Alberto Salazar