1500 Miles So Go Run

November Goals (Read 824 times)

jeffdonahue

I am going to shoot for 165 miles in November and Decemberr.  This will get me to 2000 for the year if I can do it.  But the weather is getting colder and I havent pulled out my winter running gear yet, so we'll see what happens.

Also, I would like to actually do some weight lifting/upper body work outs three days a week for the rest of the year to try to tone up a bit.

theyapper

On the road again...

1. 170 miles. I'm on the way back down in my training plan mileage wise.

2. Core work 2-3 times a week.

3. Enjoy family, eat turkey.  This is a great time of year!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mellow goals for this month after a big HM PR on the 30th of October:

1.  140 miles

2.  5K PR on Thanksgiving (actually want to get into the 22's somewhere)

3.  Get ready to start base building for my marathon in the spring.

"I aim to misbehave."

KvnJns

150 -160 miles

Kevin

Just a dude.

Goals:

1. Get my legs right

2. Um... lets guess 200 miles?

3. Not get last at the Nov. 20th 5k race. (I ended up in the elite category, which is only 18 mins or under... )

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1) Taper for 50k

2)Make it to the finish line for 50k

3) 160 miles

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Not quite sure about my mileage as I have had a series of fitness issues recently which I am battling against.

I have a 50km adventure race which is self-navigating, cross country hill run so I am looking to do quality rather then quantity  to get my base fitness up again for my build up for the new year.

I am looking to do 180 - 200 miles

Jerry
                A runners blog-updated daily

C-R

250 I have one marathon I plan to jog but need some miles for my 50k in Dec. Someone remind me again why a 50k? I have lost all rational thought capabilities. Heh

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Run ~ 200 miles.  

Run the Turkey Trot... hopefully faster than last year.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

AXes

1. 150

2. Maybe a 10K trail race

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

Start C25K?  Heh.  One day I feel great...the next I have severe back pain, great, calf pain, great, groin pain, etc...getting pretty over this.  125 miles I guess...maybe. 

I did run 1500 miles from Nov 1 2009 - Nov 1 2010...so that must count for something, right?

200 miles

A fast 10k (sub 42?)

Get my weight back under control

Of course that counts for something!  

Any clue on what is going on with the on and off again pain?

Start C25K?  Heh.  One day I feel great...the next I have severe back pain, great, calf pain, great, groin pain, etc...getting pretty over this.  125 miles I guess...maybe. 

I did run 1500 miles from Nov 1 2009 - Nov 1 2010...so that must count for something, right?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Of course that counts for something!  

Any clue on what is going on with the on and off again pain?

Thanks!

I pulled a groin muscle (actually, there are several...I pulled 2 in the group, tore another) in August...and only took a week or 2 off...I am trying "active recovery;" but only because I paid for 5 half marathons between Sept-Nov!  One day it is fine...the next it is terrible.  Today's run was awesome...not only was there no pain, there was no fear of pain...if that makes any sense.  Most of my runs have been fear based lately...which is no fun (and probably actually causing pain/tightness due to tension!).  I will ease back a bit over the next 4 weeks...no runs over 6 miles or so after Saturday.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm having some hamstring and calf issues so I've been sitting out November so far. I'm picking it back up Saturday.  My goal is 100 miles for the month.  Better start running!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.