1500 Miles So Go Run

September Miles! (Read 264 times)

So anyone care to talk about September? 248.5 for me, which was a lot higher than I've ever been. A nice month, but we'll see if I can carry the momentum.
      So anyone care to talk about September? 248.5 for me, which was a lot higher than I've ever been. A nice month, but we'll see if I can carry the momentum.
      Very nice! 122 miles, Sept. was the lowest for me in a while. It was an odd month.

Michelle

Mishka-old log

172. On top of 166 in August. Finally getting some running legs back!
          175.4 miles - highest ever!

Go Pre!

152 miles...again...sore knee has kept my down to 4.5 days a week, though they were usually 3 good workouts and an easy run or 2 and 1 swim.... BUT - my interval times are faster than ever and I beat my HM time by a minute last weekend despite being a bit under the weather....hmmm, we'll have to see how I go in Columbus ... soon Shocked
              Awesome progress! Good luck in Columbus!
              Jeffrey

242.5. September was a challenge. I had a hamstring issue, knee issue and a cold. Oh yeah -- all of a sudden 3 of my toenails decided to go purple/blue at the same time. Traveled to San Fran and completed some runs there. Finished my last long run on the final day of the month - so that was a nice ending to September. August was sunny in Seattle but September was increasingly rainy, windy and chilly. Can't forget about the Pacific Northwest autumn. Finally broke down and bought some bodyglide because I have been getting saturated from all the rain lately. Easing into the taper now ... set to peak for my marathon!

All business

170.5 my highest ever. That includes 2 rest days per week.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

173.2 mi for me --- my highest (ever, I think! Smile)
                    2009: BQ?
                      281 Km in September. I had been hoping for 300+Km but I am on scedule for a M on October 14th. Right now in the middle of tapering and I am also desperately trying to squeeze off a few more pounds of belly fat! Feets and legs are good. All systems are GO. The only thing is that the bloody weather is too warm for me. I am counting on a drastic drop in temperatures over the next 10 days. Sub 10 centigrades is my prime temp. Today it is going to be 24 here in Toronto. Good luck to all of you guys doing the same tapering. I guess most of us have a M coming up in the next few weeks! Arne
                      Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>
                        Getting back to training afer slumping a little. I missed a couple of long runs but still ended up with 158 so I feel good about the progress.
                        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Go Pre!

Arne said: Right now in the middle of tapering
                          Arne, good to hear training is going well for you Arne. I will try to hang out until 3:20 watching for you. I may have to bail as the HM group I instructed will want to go out for brunch afterwards and I think the slowest time will be about 2:30 for the half. How are your Yasso 800's working out for you? Mine are telling me 3:30. Just didn;t get enough mileage and hill work in as I had hoped. So qualifying will have to wait until spring....maybe Mississauga. GOOD LUCK! Dave
                            Sept was my first real month back running after battling injury all summer. I hit 142 or so. I'm ok with that. Not my best, not my worst. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Dangit! I got sick and only got 193, not 200+ as expected. Oh well, Oct. looks to be good as marathon training continues.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

corland

September was my best training month ever! After going 197 in July and 193 in August I was very excited to finally crack 200 (207.5) in September. October will be much lower with a taper and marathon at the end of the month. Hopefully it will include a sub 20 - 5k and a marathon PR. It wont be my best training month ever but maybe it can be my best racing month ever.?. Great job to dspeer, tuf_aint_enough, jdmcgregor, and trishierunner for setting mileage highs! Keep it going!