1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

I have an inkling... (Read 381 times)

of what "dyin in the hills" means Roll eyes We have an expresso bike at our gym. I get on this course - it does not tell you what the max grade is, just shows pics of the elevation profile. It was rated a moderate course - the max grade turned out to be 46% Shocked I can't imagine trying to do that outside...where there is wind resistance....dang...I think I see DOMS in my future.... Yes, I had to stand, and no, of course I couldn't just quit Evil grin Moutain bikers are maniacs Cool hope everyone had a good week

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

- the max grade turned out to be 46% Shocked
      Jeeez, thats not even realistic! How long do they expect you to do that?
      Moutain bikers are maniacs Cool
      And proud of it!! Big grin
      hope everyone had a good week
      Thank you, you too. Smile
      "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
      1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
      5000 Mile Club
      Half Marathon Trainers
        I am glad to hear not realistic grades - I know a guy who works at the gym, and is a longtime serious biker. he did a test ride,and told me that it was a "realistic" ride - of course it is stationary and indoors...You do get to steer, and the downhill portions are pretty cool, although you can't really "coast". Last week I did a 10 mile course that had max grade of 36% - several of them. This week's course was a little over 5 miles, but the 2nd half of the course was pretty much all uphill. On a positive note, my leg is feeling pretty solid, and I will be backing off the biking a little in favor of elliptical and walking.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

On a positive note, my leg is feeling pretty solid, and I will be backing off the biking a little in favor of elliptical and walking.
          That's awesome to hear, Chenille! Before you know it, you'll be jogging and then running again! Big grin