1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

The Numbers thru November (Read 94 times)

Eternal Rookie

Athlete Run Bike
    BeastieRoy 583 407
    BOWSER    
    Burglar11 732 1434
    Croydon    
    danadearest    
    dtraitor 366 1614
    easytiger 166 330
    Elly1    
    Eternal Rookie 697 588
    gmar4718 725 418
    hbarney 120 6
    jackal101    
    JLM 441 218
    jules2 513 1508
    Lizard-82    
    Mikeco 517 2626
    pfriese 1177 589
    run2fly4ever    
    Runningsteph117 937 1231
    shadowrunner 1154 72
    Wazz_24    
    westward13    
    xhristopher 1560 1338
    zoom-zoom 616 3167
    Pace Bunny 835 835
    Eternal Rookie

Sorry that the numbers are so late. I'm injured again so haven't been logging. Currently rehabbing hoping to avoid surgery.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You mean through Oct., right?  I understand wanting to be through the year faster, though.  I'm done with '12.  The past couple of weeks I seem to have rotating injuries...first was lower back (new to me--damn, how do people deal with chronic lower back stuff?  It brought me to tears several times and I couldn't sleep), then left hip, and then I crashed my new mtn. bike pretty hard yesterday and am hurty today (part of me wonders why I don't stay safely on the road where there are no trees or sand or roots or woodland goblins aiming to take me out).

ER, I hope 2013 is better for you, too.  I'm sorry you're still hurting.  Does the rehabbing seem to be helping?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eternal Rookie

Oops! I don't think that I can change the subject line. 

I sounds like everyone is having a rough year.

Because I'm only doing non-impact stuff the knee feels better, but I can't find anyone who has been able to rehab successfully. We'll see.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What is the knee issue, specifically?  I battled some knee randomness years ago.  Nothing was helping.  Of course I was training for my first marathon and taking time off was making me twitch.  In a last-ditch effort I threw Superfeet in my shoes and things were markedly better within a week.  Sounds like you are dealing with something a lot more serious, though.  Is it a meniscus deal?  I know several people who have had that repaired and have been able to return to running.  If you have to undergo surgery, now is not the worst time of year.

~ Sarah Kay

Eternal Rookie

There is a multidirectional undersurface tear of the medial meniscus involving the junction of the body and posterior horn with a small displaced but non-detached fragment flipped into the medial gutter. (From the report)

That and some bruised bone (don't know the technical term), but I'm hoping that's the source of the pain and that I'll be able to live with the tears if they don't heal.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, that sounds a lot like what my MIL had.  In fact, 2 of her 3 siblings also had meniscus surgery.  1 of them is a runner and the other is completely inactive.  Makes me wonder if there is a genetic component to this sort of thing.  I hope you don't have to deal with surgery, but it's pretty effective.  MIL's one sister runs several marathons/year in her 50s, post-surgery.

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Lets just treat 2012 as training for 2013.  I to have had a bad time, my mother died at the start of September but without appearing callous she had a good innings as we Brits say as she was 97 lived on her own round the corner from us and was as active as a lot of 60 years olds until a couple of days before her death.

So my long standing knee injury from December last year and the sinus problems I've been having having pale into insignificance, but in the last couple of weeks things have picked up and I am pounding the pavement again  but not enough to get to 1000 this year.  Also I've updated my cycling today so despite packing up,work completely looks like I'll have done about 50% less on both disciplines this year than last.  ER take heart it took 10 months for my knee to improve.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jules, my condolences to you on the loss of your mum.  She sounds like she was amazing.  I hope I can live a long, strong life like she did.

Looks like a lot of us are ready to get 2012 behind us and onto lucky '13!

~ Sarah Kay