1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2009 Year to date totals (Read 744 times)

Congrats to Jules and Croyden on their last races - you guys are doing awesome!

Croyden - I'm at 406 for bike miles. Things have taken yet another downward  turn for me, and I've had to take another cutback on my exercise - not much choice but to put goals on the back burner, but hoping I will have more info and some answers by the end of the month. Such is life, there is always next year and next time, I am going to keep up the bike miles from the start!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille,

Nice to hear from you I was wondering where you were, sorry to hear about your problems it happens to us all.

Hows Alaska?

We had rain yesterday which has got to have been the first time in a month, as its Autumn Fall we haven't really noticed it was so dry had it been like this is the Summer we'd have had a serious drought.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Hi Jules - We are actually having Fall this year - right now temps have come back up to the mid 40's - lots of rain, and high winds (40 -50's) starting tonight. I am tempted to go out tomorrow just so I will have an excuse for going so slow .  There is snow on the low mountains and I got my snow tires on today. I have no complaints about our weather this year - it was a great summer! Glad to hear you got some rain - sounds like you really needed it!

Darn you, Jules - now I can't get the thought of curry and beer out of my head - and I'm the only one in my house who likes it - well, the curry anyways...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Hi everyone. Hope you're enjoying the holidays so far. Things have been pretty busy here. We started another refueling outage last month so I'm on an insane work schedule. My riding has taken a tremendous hit over the last couple of months and weather here has conspired against me to produce almost no riding the last few weeks.

I'm going to have to pass the monthly update torch at the end of this year. It's been awsome watching everyone's progress but I haven't been very active on the forum and with issues at home and work time is stretched thin. I'll be happy to help someone with the transistion and plan to check in with you guys from time to time.

Some of you are really close to making the running goal. Stay with it. I know priorities change during the holidays, but the finish line is just beyond the next turn.

Happy holidays everyone.

I set the upper limit on the chart to 1000 so we would get a better idea of how very close some are to reaching their goal.

Year to date totals

"Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
          5000 Mile Club
          Half Marathon Trainers
            Croyden - sorry to hear that you've been so swamped with work. Thank you for doing the updates this year, it is much appreciated! I nominate Jules to take over this wonderful opportunity .  If no one else wants to do it, I would be willing to give it a go.

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

jules2

My problem is a distinct lack of IT skills if someone can give me any advice I will have a crack.

Eternal Rookie

I can do it if no one else wants it. It’s time that I quit being a lurker and give something back anyway…

jules2

I can do it if no one else wants it. It’s time that I quit being a lurker and give something back anyway…

Thank you, I have the same attitude as you about putting something back but not as far as IT is concerned.

Eternal Rookie

I think that it will be fun. I may even see if I can find a rabid rabbit to chase us.

Croydon, it looks like Westward13 hasn’t been logging since July. As Adman can you do everything that the Owner can do?

For those who are asking “Who is Eternal Rookie?” by biggest claim to fame on the board is getting the RA Logo contest started – you might have seen how well that is going.

I’ve had two brushes with greatness: One, I ran the Flying Monkey marathon in 2008 with Chenille but didn’t know it until days after the race and this year, because I broke my foot back in August, was a volunteer at the race and talked to Eric Smile at the 24 mile mark. I cost him a couple of minutes as he politely explained why the server crashed.

My bike is my therapist

Thanks for stepping up ER.

I don't have the same authority as Westward but all I've ever needed was to "pin" a topic so it stayed on top.

As far as the chart, I was using a spreadsheet on Google Docs to do that.

Here is a link for that. 1000 run/1000 ride

After you make changes be sure to "publish" the chart to update it.

Just use the "Reports" link on the left of our page for the run miles and their logs for the bike miles.

I would just look at the 1000 Mile Club "YTD Distance" to get the bunny miles

That's it in a nutshell. I'll check back occasionally. Let me know if you have any questions.

"Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
                      5000 Mile Club
                      Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Thanks ER, I only have one mile left to go and I hope next year that the running target will be a bit easier to hit, also that I go way over my cycling mileage of this year.

This is because I have 10 days in Lanzerote soon and then only two weeks of fulltime work as from 1 February I'm going down to working two days per week so I will have a lot more time.

Croydon nice to hear from you how's the Mountain Biking going?

Eternal Rookie

Okay, this link should get you to the results chart.

Year to date totals

Here are the final numbers in case you can't reach it. Congrats to all the bunny and double bunny beaters.

Runner/Rider                Run                  Ride

Andsmit                        1384.1             258.3

Buzz 63                        2000                1000.1

Chenille                        1009.4             479.9

Craneium                      448.9               278

Croydon                       36.6                 4008.4

elpetay                         37                    158.6

Eternal Rookie               1051                428.7

FrancesRe                    408.1               33.2

Hokieesq                      1780.4             2818.8

jules2                           1003.8             2274

leftylogan                      436.9               35.5

Mikeco                        1431.6             1647.7

Pfriese                          2009                97.5

shadowrunner               838.7               566.3

therockett7                   562.6               3299.4

Pace Bunny                  1000                1000

Enjoy today for tomorrow we are all back to zero

Thanks for taking on the totals, ER.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Thanks for taking on the totals, ER.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Happy New Year to you to, you just pipped me on the running mileage which is amazing considering the weather you get "up North"

I'm off to Lanzerote early Monday where during the day its currently around mid to high 70's